apply for a deferred BIN from customs Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Do you want to use a deferral account to process deferred payments with customs? Among other things, you need a deferral BIN with which you can identify yourself electronically.
When importing goods into Germany, import turnover tax and customs duties may be incurred. These duties must be paid in full to customs directly upon importation, unless customs grants a deferral of payment. A deferral account is an account approved by your main customs office which you can use to settle your duty debt at a later date.
In the IT procedure ATLAS (Automated Tariff and Local Customs Clearance System), you apply for a deferral of payment by entering the corresponding key in the "Payment type" field in the "General logon data" logon screen. To do this, you authenticate yourself with a special deferral BIN (deferral participant identification number).
The deferral BIN replaces your handwritten signature in ATLAS. It must be entered each time a deferral account is used. A separate BIN is required for each deferral account.
As a rule, you do not have to submit any documents.
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: partially
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Internetantrag Aufschub-BIN (IA-ABIN)
To apply for a deferral BIN, you need a deferral account.
§ 8a Zollverordnung (ZollV)
in Verbindung mit Verfahrensanweisung ATLAS
Informationen zum IT-Verfahren ATLAS und zur Aufschub-BIN auf der Internetseite der Zollverwaltung
Weitere Informationen zum IT-Verfahren ATLAS und zur Aufschub-BIN auf der Internetseite der Zollverwaltung
In order to be able to apply for a deferral of payment ("deferral account") in the IT procedure ATLAS, you need a deferral BIN for each deferral account stored under an EORI number (Economic Operators' Registration and Identification number). You can apply for this in writing or electronically.
To apply for the deferral BIN in writing:
- download form 0873 from the Directorate General of Customs website.
- You will find completion instructions when you open the relevant version of the form.
- Complete the form in full and sign it.
- Send the completed application together with the required documents to the Directorate General of Customs by e-mail (PDF document), by post or by fax.
To apply for the deferment BIN via the Customs website:
- Use the electronic Internet application for deferment BIN (IA-ABIN).
- Enter all the required data in the application.
- If necessary, save the interim status of the form data you have already entered as an XML file locally on your computer.
- Submit the complete application data to the Directorate General of Customs using the "Submit application" function.
- Then print out the application, sign it and send it to the Directorate General of Customs by post, fax or e-mail.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Finance
Last update or date of publication