Permit jobs with less than 18 hours per week to be counted as a compulsory job Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If your company employs severely disabled persons or persons with equivalent disabilities who work less than 18 hours per week, you can have them credited to a compulsory job under certain conditions.
As an employer with at least 20 jobs, you must fill 5 per cent of your jobs with severely disabled employees or employees with an equivalent status (compulsory jobs).
Normally, a severely disabled person or person with an equivalent disability must work part-time for you for at least 18 hours per week in order for the job to be counted as a compulsory job.
If a severely disabled or similarly disabled person works less than 18 hours a week, you must prove that this is necessary because of the nature or severity of the disability. Only then can this workplace exceptionally be counted as a compulsory workplace.
- Proof of the status of severely disabled person or equal status, for example by means of a copy of the severely disabled person's ID card.
- Proof of the necessity of part-time employment, for example by means of a medical certificate.
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
In order to have the employment credited as a compulsory job, you must observe the following requirements:
- Your business employs at least 20 employees.
The person you want to count towards a compulsory job,
- works less than 18 hours per week,
- is severely disabled or equivalent to a severely disabled person, and
- can only work part-time due to the nature or severity of the disability.
§ 158 Absatz 2 Satz 3 Sozialgesetzbuch Neuntes Buch (SGB IX)
Informationen für Arbeitgeberinnen und Arbeitgeber zur Förderung von Menschen mit Behinderungen auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Informationen zur Beschäftigung von schwerbehinderten Menschen und ihnen gleichgestellten Personen auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Schwerbehinderte Menschen im Betrieb, ein Ratgeber der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
You can submit an informal application for the credit.
- You can submit your application in person, by telephone or in writing to the employment agency responsible for your area.
- So that the Employment Agency can check the requirements, you will then receive a form in which you must provide some information.
- The Employment Agency will check your application.
- You will receive a written decision as to whether your application has been approved or rejected.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication