Apply for support from an integration specialist service for a person with disabilities Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If, due to your disability, you need special support in integrating into the workplace or in securing your job, the Employment Agency can commission a specialist integration service for this purpose.

In certain cases, the rehabilitation providers can commission specialist integration services to carry out services for participation in working life.

The specialist integration service helps you to find a new job or to secure your existing employment relationship if the responsible rehabilitation provider has commissioned it accordingly.

If your employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation agency, it will also assume the costs incurred by commissioning the specialist integration service.

The specialist integration service supports and accompanies you individually during the placement process. This includes, among other things

  • Working with you to develop feasible career goals and supporting you in your search for a suitable job,
  • procuring a suitable job for you and preparing you for the job,
  • supporting and accompanying you during the training period.

In the case of vocational guidance, the integration specialist service supports you in the event of problems at the workplace. This includes for example

  • the accompaniment and training at the workplace
  • counselling if the organisation of work or the working conditions in your company change, or
  • counselling or negotiating with different levels of the company.

There is a nationwide network of specialist integration services. There is at least one such service in every district of an employment agency.

When contacting your advisor, please ask which documents you need in detail.

Forms: no
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: yes


  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Your prospects of participating or re-participating in working life are permanently reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability and you therefore require assistance to participate in working life.
    • Or: You are threatened by a disability with the same occupational consequences.
  • You need special support in finding employment or in securing your existing job.

Related Links

  • § 112 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
  • § 49 Absatz 6 Satz 2 Nummer 9 Sozialgesetzbuch Neuntes Buch (SGB IX)
  • § 196 Absatz 3 Sozialgesetzbuch Neuntes Buch (SGB IX)

Related Links

  • Fachliche Weisungen der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur Inanspruchnahme von Integrationsfachdiensten durch die Bundesagentur für Arbeit
  • Gemeinsame Empfehlung "Integrationsfachdienste" auf der Internetseite der Bundesarbeitsgemeinschaft für Rehabilitation
  • Förderung der Teilhabe am Arbeitsleben für Arbeitnehmerinnen und Arbeitnehmer. Dienste und Leistungen der Agentur für Arbeit. Merkblatt auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit

In order for you to be supported by an integration specialist service, you must contact your employment agency. To do this, please take the following steps:

  • Make an appointment with the vocational rehabilitation and participation team at your employment agency.
    • If you do not yet have a personal contact person, make an appointment by calling the free service hotline 0800 4555500.
  • In a personal meeting, you will clarify together whether support from the specialist integration service is an option for you.
  • If your advisor determines that support from a specialist integration service will help you to participate in working life, he or she will commission a specialist integration service for you.
  • Your adviser will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill in.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Last update or date of publication