Receive funding for a measure for activation and professional integration from the employment agency Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you are unemployed, threatened by unemployment or looking for training, you can be supported by measures that facilitate your professional (re-)entry.
The Employment Agency can promote measures to support you in your professional (re)integration and to improve your chances of integration in the labor market. In detail, these measures for activation and professional integration aim to,
- To introduce you to the training and labor market and to identify, reduce or eliminate obstacles to placement that impede your professional integration,
- to provide you with employment that is subject to compulsory insurance,
- introduce you to self-employment, or
- to stabilize the start of employment.
You can participate in measures with a sponsor or an employer. In addition, you can receive an activation and placement voucher to engage a private employment agency.
The employment agency can commission agencies to carry out the measures and assign you a place to participate.
However, you can also receive an activation and placement voucher from the Employment Agency to register with a provider of your choice. The voucher contains information about the goal and content of the measure, which will be discussed and agreed with you in advance.
The maximum possible duration of support depends on the objective of the measure and your individual support needs and is partly regulated by law. For example, measures can take place with an employer for a maximum of 6 weeks. If you are long-term unemployed or have special placement obstacles, you can participate for up to 12 weeks.
The duration of vocational training may not exceed 8 weeks. Longer qualifications or measures that lead to a vocational qualification can be funded for adults through the promotion of further vocational training (education voucher).
The Employment Agency will inform and advise you about offers and funding opportunities.
There is no legal entitlement to this support. Your employment agency decides whether and to what extent you will receive support.
Exception: After six weeks of unemployment and entitlement to unemployment benefits, you generally have a legal claim to an activation and placement voucher for commissioning a private employment agency.
The need for support services must be determined in discussion with your counseling and placement specialist.
Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: No
- threatened by unemployment and registered as jobseekers or
- registered as a training seeker.
- The need for the support service was determined in a discussion with your counseling and placement specialist.
- Participation was approved by your employment agency before the start of the measure.
§ 45 Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB) Drittes Buch (III)
Informationen zu Maßnahmen zur Aktivierung und beruflichen Eingliederung auf der Internetseite des Bundesministeriums für Arbeit und Soziales
Merkblatt "Vermittlungsdienste und Leistungen" der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
The funding of a measure for activation and professional integration must be approved by your employment agency before the measure begins.
- Please arrange a personal consultation appointment with the employment agency responsible for you.
- In a joint meeting, your counseling and placement specialist will discuss the necessary support requirements with you and advise you on the right type of measure.
- If the decision is positive, you will receive the approval documents with information on the type, goal, content of the measure, duration and scope of the measure, and which costs will be covered.
- If you take part in the measure without approval, you may have to bear the costs of the measure yourself and if you are in receipt of unemployment benefits from the Employment Agency, you will no longer receive unemployment benefits.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Last update or date of publication