Apply for integration subsidy Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you employ people in your company who are not yet working at full capacity at the start of employment, you can apply for subsidies towards wage costs.
An integration allowance can be paid if the employee you want to hire is not yet able to perform the full work at the beginning of the employment. For example, because the person does not yet have the necessary professional experience and knowledge needed for the job and therefore the familiarisation period takes longer than usual. However, familiarisation that is normal for the company cannot be subsidised.
The amount of funding and the duration of the funding depend on the individual case. The standard subsidy is limited to a maximum of 12 months and 50 percent of the salary. For certain groups of persons (e.g. older or disabled persons) a longer or higher subsidy is possible.
The integration subsidy is paid monthly in arrears as a contribution to wage costs. As a rule, this is based on the salary that you actually pay. Your share of the total social insurance contribution is taken into account in a lump sum.
The integration allowance is only paid if it is necessary for the person's occupational integration. You do not have a legal claim to a subsidy.
Funding is excluded if you terminate an existing employment relationship in order to receive an integration grant. A subsidy is also not possible if you want to employ someone who has been employed by you for more than 3 months in the last 4 years subject to compulsory insurance.
- Completed questionnaire for checking the eligibility requirements
- Application form
- Employment contract
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
- You want to employ a person who is difficult to place in the labour market.
- The employee is initially expected to perform less well than usual.
- The financial compensation through the integration grant is necessary in order to integrate the employee permanently into the labour market.
§ 16 Absatz 2 Nummer 5 Sozialgesetzbuch Zweites Buch (SGB II)
§§ 88 bis 92 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
Informationen zum Eingliederungszuschuss auf der Internetseite der Agentur für Arbeit
Flyer zum Eingliederungszuschuss auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Informationen zur Förderung der Arbeitsaufnahme auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Fachliche Weisungen der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zum Eingliederungszuschuss
You can apply for the integration grant using the online procedure or by post.
If you would like to submit the application by post:
Contact your personal contact person at the Employer Service of the Employment Agency or the Job Center. There you will receive the forms to fill out and instructions on the application procedure.
- If you do not yet have a personal contact, please call the toll-free employer hotline 0800 4555520.
- Complete the application in full and submit it to the employment agency or job centre.
- Submit all the required documents online or subsequently by post.
- You will then receive a decision by post from the Employment Agency or Job Centre.
If you want to submit the application using the online procedure:
- Register with the Employment Agency as a company.
- Call up the "eServices" online portal of the Federal Employment Agency and follow the instructions.
- You can fill out the application directly online.
- The remaining procedural steps correspond to the written application procedure.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication