Applying for work aids for people with disabilities in education and employment Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If your employees need special support in training or at work because of a disability, you as an employer can apply for work assistance.
Individual work aids support people with disabilities in training or work. The employment agency or the job centre coordinates the support with you as the employer for your company.
Examples of work aids are access ramps, sanitary facilities or conversions in the company. The costs of the work aids also include the necessary ancillary costs, for example planning costs, fees and surveyor costs. After receiving a subsidy, your company becomes the owner of the work aid.
Depending on the decision, the employment agency or the job centre can cover all or part of the costs of the work aid for you.
Subsidies for work aids for people with disabilities are a matter of discretion; you do not have a legal claim to them.
- Cost estimate
- Employment or training contract of the person with disabilities
- Invoice (to be submitted after the application has been submitted)
You can find out which documents are required in your case on the application form.
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Under the following conditions, you as an employer can receive a subsidy from the Employment Agency or the Job Centre for work aids in the company:
- The work aid is necessary for the permanent participation of the person with disabilities in working life.
- You do not have to pay for the work aid yourself. In principle, you as the employer are responsible for ensuring that the workplace is suitable for severely disabled persons and persons with equivalent disabilities.
- The implementation of the work aid would be unreasonable for you or would involve a disproportionate amount of effort.
- The work aid is additionally required for a workplace or training place that is suitable for disabled persons.
- The person for whom the job aid is intended has a disability or is at risk of becoming disabled.
- The employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation agency for the person with a (threatening) disability. This mostly applies to people before initial vocational training and if no other rehabilitation agency (for example, Berufsgenossenschaft or Deutsche Rentenversicherung) is responsible.
§ 16 Absatz 1 Satz 2 Nummer 2 Zweites Buch Sozialgesetzbuch
§ 46 Absatz 2 Drittes Buch Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB III)
§ 19 Drittes Buch Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB III)
§ 164 Absatz 4 Neuntes Buch Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB IX)
Merkblatt 12: Förderung der Teilhabe am Arbeitsleben für Arbeitnehmerinnen und Arbeitnehmer auf der Internetseite der Arbeitsagentur
Fachliche Weisungen der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur Probebeschäftigung und Arbeitshilfe für behinderte Menschen
Internetseite "Einfach teilhaben" des Bundesministeriums für Arbeit und Soziales für Menschen mit Behinderung, Angehörige, Verwaltungen und Unternehmen
Informationen zur Unterstützung rund um den Beruf der Agentur für Arbeit
You can only apply for work assistance for people with disabilities in training and work in writing:
- Contact your contact person in the employer service of the employment agency or the job centre. If known, you can also contact the relevant contact person of the person with disabilities concerned in the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team of the Employment Agency or the Job Centre.
- Together you can discuss which work aids are possible. You will find out whether a workplace inspection may be necessary.
- You will receive the application documents either by post or in person. If you have any questions about filling out the applications, please contact your contact person.
- Submit the documents with the required evidence to the Employment Agency or the Job Centre.
The agency checks whether the person with disabilities can become the owner of the work aid so that he or she could take the work aid with him or her to the next workplace/employer.
- In this case, the funding for the work assistance would be given to the person with disabilities and would be handled with him or her.
- The Employment Agency checks the necessary scope of the employment aids. It also checks whether an inspection of the workplace is necessary.
- You will receive a preliminary written decision as to whether the requested assistance will be granted.
- If the aid is approved, you purchase the work aids for your company and submit the invoice to the Employment Agency or the Job Centre.
- Finally, you will receive a notice of approval for the specific benefit.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication