Participate in a measure that prepares young people with disabilities for training. Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you have one or more disabilities and have not yet found a training place after the end of compulsory schooling, you can take part in a vocational preparation training measure that takes your special needs into account.
The rehabilitation-specific vocational preparation training measure supports young people with disabilities who are quite suitable for a training place but who are not (yet) able to meet the general requirements due to their disabilities. The aim is to prepare you for training and to help you find a suitable training occupation. This can also be a specialist traineeship for people with disabilities. If it becomes apparent during the measure that it is not possible to take up vocational training because of reasons relating to your person, you can also be supported in the further course with the aim of taking up employment.
At the end of the training measure you should have found answers to these questions: Where do my talents lie? What kind of training do I want to do? Which profession can I imagine?
The contents include
- Help with career orientation and career choice,
- imparting knowledge and skills for starting an apprenticeship,
- the opportunity to acquire the secondary school leaving certificate at a later stage,
- internships in various professions and companies,
- job application training,
- assistance in the search for apprenticeships and, if necessary, jobs.
You can take a rehabilitation-specific vocational preparation course at an educational institution or in a vocational rehabilitation facility that is geared to the special needs of young people with disabilities. Depending on the target group and equipment, the providers have their own training workshops, offices and companies with workplaces suitable for disabled persons and provide you with pedagogical and, in some cases, psychological support. Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer accommodation and leisure facilities and are available to answer occupational health questions.
If the Agentur für Arbeit is your responsible rehabilitation agency, it will assume the costs.
You will receive financial support in the form of transitional allowance or training allowance and you will be covered by social insurance.
Whether you can take part in a rehabilitation-specific vocational preparation training measure depends, among other things, on whether the measure is suitable for you and your family,
- whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances of taking up vocational training,
- what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in professional life,
- which activities you would like to pursue and
- how the training and labour market is currently developing.
The rehab-specific BvB measure usually starts at the beginning of the training year in September and normally lasts 11 months. However, you can also start at a different time. Under certain conditions, an extension up to a total duration of 18 months is possible.
- First of all, you need your last school report and, if applicable, internship reports.
- If you do not have a school leaving certificate but have completed compulsory schooling, you will need this proof.
- When contacting your advisor, please ask which further documents you need.
- Forms: none
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: yes
Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA), Servicetelefon für Hörgeschädigte
Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA)
Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA), Arbeitnehmer-Hotline
Kontaktformular auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
- You are no longer of compulsory school age and are usually younger than 25.
- have a school leaving certificate and are looking for a training place or
- do not have a school leaving certificate and would like to catch up on your secondary school leaving certificate or
- have lost your training position and would like to reorient yourself professionally.
- You have one or more disabilities and your rehabilitation agency is the Federal Employment Agency.
Your prospects of participating in working life are permanently substantially reduced because of the nature or severity of your disabilities.
- Or: You are threatened by a disability with the same occupational consequences.
- Due to the nature and severity of your disabilities, the general statutory benefits to promote your participation in the labour market are not sufficient.
- You are willing to undergo vocational training or other vocational integration.
- It can be expected that you will achieve the goal of the measure and that your disability-related limitations will not (again) cause you difficulties in participating in working life.
§ 112 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
§ 117 Absatz 1 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
Fachliche Weisungen der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zu Leistungen zur Teilhabe am Arbeitsleben gemäß § 112 SGB III
Fachliche Weisungen der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zu Leistungen zur Teilhabe am Arbeitsleben gemäß § 117 SGB III
Informationen für Menschen mit Behinderungen auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Merkblatt der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur Förderung der Teilhabe am Arbeitsleben für Arbeitnehmerinnen und Arbeitnehmer
Informationen der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur berufsvorbereitenden Bildungsmaßnahme
Merkblatt der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur berufsvorbereitenden Bildungsmaßnahme
Merkblatt der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur Ausbildungsreife
In order for you to receive rehab-specific vocational preparation training measures, you must contact your employment agency:
To do this, make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team at your employment agency.
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person at your employment agency, make an appointment by calling the toll-free number 0800 4555500.
- If you are already being looked after by the Job Centre, make an appointment with your personal adviser.
- The counselling session will clarify whether the rehabilitation-specific vocational preparation training measure is suitable for you.
- If your counsellor determines that a rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure is suitable for you, you will be immediately registered for it.
- Your counsellor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill in or the documents you need to submit if you are eligible for the rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure. The forms will also tell you when and where the measure will start and what you will need for it.
- You will receive written notification as soon as a place is available.
- The Employment Agency will register you with the educational institution or vocational rehabilitation facility.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication