Apply for support for in-company training for people with disabilities who are fully incapacitated for work. Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you are currently unable to work at least 3 hours a day because of your disability, but still want to undertake regular (initial) training, you could be eligible for support under the Training Budget.
Due to the nature or severity of your disability, you cannot currently, not yet or not yet again be employed on the general labour market and would nevertheless like to complete a regular training course? Then the Federal Employment Agency will provide a budget for training under certain conditions, provided that it is your responsible rehabilitation agency.
One prerequisite is that you conclude a contract with a company for a training relationship subject to social insurance contributions in a recognised training occupation or for specialist practical training.
If you do not yet have a training place, the Employment Agency will initially support you in your search for a (suitable) training place if you so wish.
Only initial vocational training is supported, no further training.
During the training, the following services are supported with the budget for training:
- The company is reimbursed for the training remuneration including the employer's contribution to social insurance. The statutory lower and upper limits must be taken into account.
- The costs of any guidance and support required at the training place and at vocational school due to the disability are covered.
- If the school-based part of the training is carried out in a vocational rehabilitation facility because of the disability, the necessary costs will be covered.
You can choose who supports you and you organise the services yourself. Beforehand, however, the necessary scope of support will be checked and agreed according to your individual needs. You obtain offers and have professionally suitable persons, who are to take over your guidance and accompaniment, describe how their support is to take place concretely. On this basis, your adviser decides and approves, for example, the amount of the benefit.
In addition, you are entitled to training allowance during the support period. However, your training allowance will be deducted from this.
You will receive the training budget for as long as you need it. However, the maximum period is until you successfully complete your training.
If several people who are supported with a budget for training work in one company, they can also receive guidance or accompaniment together.
If, during your training, you find that you would prefer to receive services in the entry procedure and vocational training area in a workshop for disabled people or with another service provider, you can switch. The periods of the budget for training will then be credited to the duration of the entrance procedure and vocational training area, if applicable.
When contacting your advisor, please inquire about the specific documents you will need.
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: yes
You can receive a budget for training under the following conditions:
- You have a disability and the Federal Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation agency.
Your prospects of participating or re-participating in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability and you therefore need assistance for participation in working life.
- Or: You are threatened by a disability with the same occupational consequences.
- Due to the nature or severity of your disabilities, you cannot, not yet or not yet again work on the general labour market and would therefore be entitled to benefits in the initial training procedure and vocational training area in a workshop for disabled people or with another benefit provider.
- They conclude a contract with a private or public employer for a training relationship subject to social insurance contributions in a recognised training occupation or for specialist practical training.
- The training relationship is entered in the register of vocational training relationships by the competent body.
§ 61a Sozialgesetzbuch Neuntes Buch (SGB IX)
Fachliche Weisungen der Bundesagentur für Arbeit Budget für Ausbildung
FAQ zum Angehörigen-Entlastungsgesetz Kapitel B. "Budget für Ausbildung" auf der Internetseite des Bundesministeriums für Arbeit und Soziales
In order for you to receive a budget for training, you must contact your employment agency:
- Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team at your employment agency.
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person, make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
- In a personal meeting, they will clarify together whether the Budget for Training is basically an option for you.
- Your adviser will also discuss with you the forms and supporting documents that you need to complete and submit.
- You submit the necessary documents, for example an offer from a rehabilitation facility for the costs of the school part of the training or descriptions of who is to provide the instruction and support, how and under what conditions.
- Finally, your advisor will check whether the eligibility requirements are met, whether the training allowance is appropriate and will decide on the documents submitted.
If the Federal Employment Agency is not responsible in your case, it will forward your application to the competent rehabilitation agency.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication