Apply for support for the employment of long-term unemployed people Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you as an employer would like to employ long-term unemployed people who have been unemployed for at least 2 years and are receiving unemployment benefit II ("Hartz IV") at the time of your application, you can apply for wage cost subsidies from the Jobcenter.
As an employer, you can give long-term unemployed people the chance of a new career start by employing them in a job that is subject to social insurance contributions.
The aim is for you to employ your new employee in your company as permanently as possible, even after the end of the support.
To this end, the job centre can reimburse part of your wage costs for the first two years and also finance coaching.
Wage subsidy for 2 years
The Job Centre can grant you subsidies towards wage costs for 2 years. The wage cost subsidy is paid monthly and amounts to
- 75 per cent of the regular salary in the 1st year of employment and
- in the 2nd year of work, 50 percent of the regular wage to be taken into account.
The subsidy also covers your employee's social insurance with a flat-rate social insurance contribution (except: contribution to unemployment insurance).
You do not receive a subsidy for one-off payments such as Christmas bonuses or holiday pay.
Employment support (coaching)
In addition, the Job Center will cover the costs of two years of coaching to support your formerly long-term unemployed employees, for example, with problems at the new workplace, in the family, or with difficulties in organizing everyday life. This makes it easier for your new employees to get used to everyday working life again after a long period of unemployment.
Your supported employees should take part in this coaching. In principle, the coaching can take place within or outside working hours, at the workplace or at another location. In the first 6 months of the support, you must release your supported employee from work for the coaching, in the case of coaching during working hours with continued payment of the salary. The coaching needs will be determined individually. Your business concerns will be taken into account when scheduling the coaching.
The coaching is designed in such a way that it also takes into account the specific requirements that you or your company place on the personnel. However, the coaching does not include the technical training.
The coach will involve you if necessary and will be available to you as a contact person for questions concerning the sponsored employee.
If necessary, further vocational training can also be promoted.
Whether you are eligible for the subsidy is decided solely by your responsible job centre. This means that you have no legal claim to it.
- Fully completed application
- Employment contract
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
The person for whom you want to get the grant must be
- are receiving unemployment benefit II at the time of your application
- have been unemployed for at least 2 years and,
- have not yet taken up employment despite the Job Centre's efforts to find work.
- The employment must be subject to social insurance contributions.
- You must employ the employee for at least 2 years.
The grant is excluded if
- you are terminating an existing employment relationship in order to receive a wage cost subsidy, or
- you want to hire someone who has been employed by you for more than 3 months in the last 4 years and who is subject to compulsory social insurance.
§ 16e Sozialgesetzbuch Zweites Buch (SGB II)
Informationen zur Förderung von Langzeitarbeitslosen auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Flyer "Eingliederung von Langzeitarbeitslosen" auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Informationen zum Thema "Jobchancen verbessern, Arbeit finden" auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Fachliche Weisung der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur "Eingliederung von Langzeitarbeitslosen"
Informationen zu Leistungen zur Eingliederung in Arbeit auf der Internetseite des Bundesarbeitsministeriums
In order to receive the wage cost subsidy, you must submit an application before you hire someone and the employment contract is concluded.
- Contact your contact person at the job centre. They will advise you on the subsidy and give you the application form.
- Fill in the application form and submit it to the Jobcentre.
- Your job centre will check your application and inform you whether the employment relationship is eligible for funding and whether the person you want to employ is eligible for this funding.
- If you receive a positive response, you can conclude the employment contract and send it to the Jobcenter immediately.
- If all requirements are met, you will receive a notice of approval from the Jobcenter.
- The Job Centre will arrange for your employee to receive coaching to accompany his/her employment.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication