Request reimbursement for trial employment of people with disabilities Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If your company wants to employ people with disabilities on a temporary basis as part of a trial employment, you can be reimbursed for personnel costs for a maximum of 3 months under certain conditions.

People with disabilities or severely disabled people should be given the opportunity to prove their strengths and abilities on the labour market. With a trial employment, you as a company can facilitate the entry or re-entry into working life. During this time, all parties involved can try out working together in a temporary employment relationship for a period of up to 3 months.

The costs you incur in the course of this trial employment can be reimbursed by the Federal Employment Agency. These usually include

  • Wage/salary costs, including the employer's social security contributions, as well as
  • other benefits based on statutory or collectively agreed regulations
  • Allocations and contributions to the employers' liability insurance association
  • Temporary employment contract
  • Disability certificate and/or equal opportunities certificate
  • Registration for social security

Forms: no
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no


The person you would like to hire on a trial basis is

  • disabled or
  • severely disabled or
  • equal to a severely disabled person.

The trial employment

  • can improve the possibility of participation in working life or
  • lead to the person being able to participate fully and permanently in working life.

Related Links

  • § 16 Sozialgesetzbuch Zweites Buch (SGB II)
  • § 46 Absatz 1 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)

Related Links

  • Informationen für Arbeitgeber zur Förderung von Menschen mit Behinderungen auf der Webseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
  • Merkblatt 12: Förderung der Teilhabe am Arbeitsleben für Arbeitnehmerinnen und Arbeitnehmer auf der Internetseite der Arbeitsagentur
  • Fachliche Weisungen der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur Probebeschäftigung und Arbeitshilfe für behinderte Menschen
  • Schwerbehinderte Menschen im Betrieb, ein Ratgeber der Bundesagentur für Arbeit

You can submit the application in person, by telephone or in writing.

  • Contact your contact person in the employer service of the employment agency or the job centre. If known, you can also contact the relevant contact person of the person with disabilities concerned in the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team of the Employment Agency or the relevant contact persons at the Job Centre.
  • You must submit the application before taking up the temporary trial employment.
  • You can submit the application informally to the employment agency or job centre in whose district the person you want to employ on a trial basis lives.
  • The relevant employment agency or job centre will check your application and, if necessary, send you further documents.
  • You will receive a decision as to whether your application has been approved as well as documents for the final settlement.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Last update or date of publication