Vocational guidance for pupils Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If your general education school offers career entry support and you are having problems achieving your school-leaving certificate or finding vocational training, you can take part in career entry support.
In the case of career entry support, an expert accompanies you on your way to a successful school-leaving certificate up to the start of your training.
The expert is the career entry companion who is employed by an educational service provider. She or he can support you in
Your preparation for exams and during the exams
- setting common goals
- possibly organising extra tuition
career orientation and career choice
- analysing strengths and weaknesses
- discussing interests
- visiting career-oriented internships or events
the search for a training position
- finding offers
- writing job applications
- conducting interviews with employers
the start of your training life
- promoting development in the company
- defuse possible crises
- the development of your personality
- the motivation for your tasks
As a rule, the career initiation support begins in the pre-vocational training class and ends at the latest six months after you have started vocational training. If it does not work out with the vocational training directly, your career entry support ends at the latest 24 months after you have finished the general education school.
The documents required for the initial interview will be given to you by your teacher or by the school social workers or by your careers adviser at the Employment Agency.
This includes for example
- a curriculum vitae,
- school reports and
- the declaration of consent signed by you and your legal guardian or legal representative to pass on data for the selection procedure and for participation in a career guidance measure.
If you are able to take part in the Career Induction Support, you must complete a registration and participant questionnaire. The questionnaire will be given to you by your career starter counsellor.
- Forms: no
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: yes
Upload-Service der Bundesagentur für Arbeit für die Berufseinstiegsbegleitung
You attend a general education school that offers career guidance and meet the following conditions:
- You need support so that you can achieve your school-leaving qualification or
- You need support so that you can make the transition to vocational training and
- You are in the penultimate year of school and
- You and your parents agree to participate in a career guidance program.
§ 49 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
Fachliche Weisungen zur Berufseinstiegsbegleitung der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Broschüre des Bundesministeriums für Arbeit und Soziales zur Berufseinstiegsbegleitung für Eltern, Lehrerinnen und Lehrer
Bildungsketten Internetseite des Bundesministeriums für Arbeit und Soziales sowie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung zur Begleitung junger Menschen von der Schule in die Ausbildung
Informationen zur Berufseinstiegsbegleitung auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Ask your teachers if your school offers career guidance. Or preferably ask your careers adviser at the employment agency in person.
There you can also inform them that you would like to take part in the career guidance programme.
Your teachers can also draw your attention to this offer.
You and your legal guardians or your legal representative must agree that you want to participate in the career entry support and also agree to an exchange of data between the school and the Employment Agency for this purpose. To do this, you and your legal guardians or your legal representative must sign a declaration of consent to the transfer of the necessary data. This involves an exchange of information on:
- Your school grades,
- your knowledge of school subjects..,
- your learning and working habits and, if applicable.
- your results from the potential analysis.
- In a discussion between your teacher, the careers advisor responsible for you at the Employment Agency and, if applicable, the school social work department, it will be clarified whether you meet the requirements for participation in the career transition support.
- The participants in the discussion clarify whether and what is to be specifically supported by the career entry support and what exactly can be achieved (setting common goals).
- If it is determined in the interview that you can be supported by the career entry support, you must fill out an application and participant questionnaire.
- The further procedure will be coordinated with you.
Submit the declaration of consent online to the Federal Employment Agency:
You can also submit the consent form online by uploading it using the Federal Employment Agency's upload service. You can also upload supporting documents such as your school reports in this way.
- To use the upload service, you must be logged in with your user account. If you do not have a user account, you must first register.
- The declaration of consent must be completed in full and signed. Electronic signatures are not permitted.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication