Deregistering employees with social security Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If an employee leaves your company, you must report the end of the employment relationship to the social security authorities.

If you have staff leaving and the employment relationship ends, you must deregister these employees with the social insurance.

The deregistration procedure is the same for all employees, with the exception of mini-jobs in private households.

You must submit deregistrations for social insurance electronically. If you use a system-checked payroll accounting program in your company, you can create and send the notifications with this program. This is largely automated. Alternatively, you can use a system-checked completion aid to transfer the data to the social insurance agency.

The Informationstechnische Servicestelle der gesetzlichen Krankenversicherung (ITSG GmbH) offers "", a system-checked completion aid that you can use for deregistration. The program is free of charge up to a certain usage limit.

When deregistering, you also enter the earnings subject to contributions for the registration period.


  • Forms: no
  • Online procedure: yes
  • Written form required: no
  • Personal appearance required: no

Related Links

  • Elektronische Ausfüllhilfe "" der Informationstechnischen Servicestelle der GKV GmbH




  • Minijobs in private households are deregistered differently. To do this, you must use the household check procedure at the Minijob-Zentrale.
  • If you do not deregister employees, or if you do not deregister them correctly or in good time, you are acting irregularly and must expect a fine of up to EUR 25,000.

Related Links

  • § 28a Meldungen des Arbeitgebers Meldepflicht, Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB) Viertes Buch (IV)
  • Datenerfassungs- und -übermittlungsverordnung (DEÜV)

Related Links

  • Informationen zur Ausfüllhilfe ""
  • Arbeitgeber-Service auf der Seite der Minijob-Zentrale
  • Informationen zum Meldeverfahren im gemeinsamen Rundschreiben "Meldeverfahren zur Sozialversicherung" auf der Seite des GKV-Spitzenverbands

Depending on whether you perform payroll accounting in-house or have outsourced it, you can create the deregistration yourself or have it created by your external service provider (tax consultant, payroll office, service computer centre).

  • If you use a system-checked payroll program, you can submit the notification from this program with the notification reason "30" (end of employment).
  • If you do not use a system-checked payroll accounting program, you can submit the declaration using a system-checked completion aid such as "".
  • If you use "", proceed as follows:
    • Register as a new user if you have not already done so.
    • Log in with your login data and your company number.
    • Under "Forms", select the tile "SI declaration" and there the form "Deregistration". Select the element "30 End of employment".
    • Fill out the form. All fields have help texts. A manual is also available.
    • Submit the deregistration by pressing a button.
    • Messages and feedback can be found in your mailbox.
    • Save the message or print it out and take it with you to your remuneration documents.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Last update or date of publication