Nominate screenplays for the German Screenplay Award Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Submit your screenplay proposed for the German Screenplay Award
The Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM) awards the German Screenplay Prize annually. The German Screenplay Prize Jury nominates up to 3 screenplays for the German Screenplay Prize each year.
Screenplays nominated by the German Screenplay Prize Jury receive a prize of EUR 5,000.
The best screenplay is
- the German Screenplay Award in Gold and a
- and a premium of EUR 10,000.
The premium goes to the author of the screenplay.
You submit your screenplay, which has been nominated for the German Screenplay Award by an institution entitled to do so, in writing and by e-mail to Film Department K 35 at the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM).
Note on further funding opportunities:
Award-winning authors can apply for additional funding of up to EUR 20,000 for the further development of the winning screenplay.
For the application you have to submit:
- Anonymized, most recent version of your screenplay with title page in German language version (without authorship information).
Anonymised information sheet, maximum two pages long, without information on authorship, consisting of
- a short synopsis
- an overview of the time and place of the action, and
- a concise characterization of the protagonists
Separate document with
- contact details and
- vita of the author,
- if applicable, details of the production company
a signed copy of the information sheet sent to you by BKM
- Forms: no
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Proposals for an award may be submitted by:
- Film funding bodies of the federal states
- German Federal Film Board (FFA)
- Board of Trustees for Young German Film
- Drama Department of the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM)
- Association of German Screenwriters e.V. (VDD)
- Association of German Stage and Media Publishers e.V. (VDB)
- Association for Film and Television Dramaturgy e.V. (VeDRA)
- Association of Agencies for Film, Television and Theatre e.V. (VdA)
- the screenplay must have been completed in the two calendar years preceding the awarding of the prize
- filming of the screenplay may not begin before the year in which the prize is awarded
- the screenplay must not have been nominated for the German Screenplay Award in the past
- the screenplay must be allowed to be shown to the jury
- the author must have his/her permanent residence in Germany
- the screenplay must be written in the German language
only screenplays for feature films can be submitted
§§ 24 und 25 der Richtlinie für die kulturelle Filmförderung der BKM (FFR)
Weitere Informationen zum Deutschen Drehbuchpreis auf der Internetseite der Bundesregierung
You must submit your screenplay for the German Screenplay Award in writing and by e-mail to the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM).
- The specialist department K 35 at the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media requests proposals for the German Screenplay Award from the institutions entitled to do so.
- On the basis of the proposals submitted, you will receive a letter from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media inviting you to take part in the procedure.
- Compile all the necessary documents.
- Send a single copy of the written documents by post (not with a firm ring or glue binding) to Film Department K 35 at the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.
- Send the documents additionally as separate PDF documents by e-mail to the BKM (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- The jury of the German Screenplay Award will deliberate on the submitted book proposals. The BKM decides on the awards based on the jury's suggestions.
- The announcement of the nominations will be made via a press release as well as by post.
- You will then receive a postal invitation to the award ceremony.
- The Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media will announce the winner at an award ceremony in February.
During the award ceremony, the author of the screenplay will receive the award.
Responsible for the content
The Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM)
Last update or date of publication