Apply for funding for model projects for the preservation of the written cultural heritage Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
As an archive, library, university or other institution that preserves written cultural heritage, you can apply for funding for model projects under certain conditions.
The Coordination Office for the Preservation of the Written Cultural Heritage (KEK) supports model projects for the sustainable preservation of the written cultural heritage in archives and libraries with funds from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM) and the Cultural Foundation of the Federal States (KSL).
They can decide for themselves whether they want to gain theoretical or practical experience within the framework of the model project.
You can receive funding of up to EUR 30,000 per year if
- your project has a model character
- your project has a high public profile or is innovative.
Your project content can be assigned to one of the following categories:
- Archive holdings,
- library holdings,
- emergency preparedness or
- public relations.
your measure will secure objects in archives and libraries,
- that are unique and
- have a unique character
- that goes along with the scientific, cultural or historical significance of the holdings.
You will not receive funding for:
- Projects that you have already begun or completed.
- Projects for which you are unable to contribute a substantial share of your own funds or funds from third parties.
- Projects for the conservation of graphic works of art, paintings and other works of fine art.
The decision to fund your project will be based on the following criteria:
Eligible costs are:
- All costs incurred in the implementation of the project,
- Expenditure for external services,
Incidental costs such as
- expenses for working materials and consumables or
- public relations work,
that can be directly attributed to the project.
Non-eligible costs are:
- Expenses for permanent staff and project-related staff,
- expenditure on permanent exhibitions or measures to be carried out on a regular basis,
- expenditure on necessary structural and technical measures,
- the procurement of working equipment, or
- Expenditure on measures for the operational maintenance of the functionality of your institution, such as magazine cleaning.
After approval, you can request funding from the CEC for the costs incurred in accordance with the information in the grant notification. The funds will then be paid out to you during the project period, so that the costs incurred can be paid directly from the grant funds.
You submit your application for funding to the Koordinierungsstelle für die Erhaltung des schriftlichen Kulturguts (CEC).
You are not entitled to the grant.
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Qualified cost estimate
- Commitments or confirmations for the provision of third-party funds (if applicable).
For acceptance of the grant award, you must submit:
- Acknowledgment of Receipt and Waiver of Appeal form.
For the drawdown of grant funds, you must submit:
- Funds Request Form
When you have completed your action, you must submit:
- Where-used list and project report on performance review, including numerical evidence.
Formulare für einjährige und mehrjährige Projekte auf der Internetseite der KEK
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Antragsformulare einjährige oder mehrjährige Förderung auf der Internetseite der KEK
Applications may be submitted by
legal entities under public or private law with their registered office in Germany,
- who hold written cultural property and
- whose holdings are accessible to the public
- Archives, libraries, museums, universities or comparable institutions (including church-run institutions).
- Your project has a model character.
- Your project has a high public profile or is innovative.
- You have not yet started the project.
- Your project is financed to a substantial extent from your institution's own budget or through further funding from third parties.
Their project content can be assigned to one of the following categories:
- Archive holdings
- Library holdings
- Emergency Preparedness
- Public relations
Further requirements for projects for the restoration or conservation of written cultural property:
You want to restore or conserve historically or scientifically significant writings. These include:
- Objects or object groups of high cultural-historical value,
- Objects or groups of objects with supra-regional significance,
- objects or groups of objects with high usage and high multi-perspective or comparative evaluation potential,
- valuable unique works and rare books with intrinsic value, and
- Objects or groups of objects that are indispensable in the long term for safeguarding teaching, research and administration.
- These are originals or, in the case of multiple collections, you can provide evidence of coordination with other depositing institutions in order to avoid multiple handling.
- You can ensure that the objects are appropriately housed after the measure and secured in the long term.
§§ 23 und 44 Bundeshaushaltsordnung (BHO)
Zur Bundeshaushaltsordnung (BHO) erlassene Verwaltungsvorschriften (VV-BHO)
§§ 36, 48 bis 49a Verwaltungsverfahrensgesetz (VwVfG)
Aufruf der Koordinierungsstelle für die Erhaltung des schriftlichen Kulturguts
Allgemeine Informationen zur Förderung von Projekten zur Erhaltung schriftlichen Kulturguts und zum BKM-Sonderprogramm auf der Internetseite der Beauftragten der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien
Aufruf zur Förderung von Modellprojekten zur Erhaltung schriftlichen Kulturguts auf der Internetseite der Koordinierungsstelle für die Erhaltung des schriftlichen Kulturguts (KEK)
Weiterführende Informationen und ein Leitfaden zur Projektdurchführung auf der Internetseite der KEK
Ausfüllhinweise zur Antragstellung auf der Internetseite der KEK
Vorstellung sämtlicher geförderter Projekte auf der Internetseite der KEK
You must submit your application for funding in writing to the Koordinierungsstelle für die Erhaltung des schriftlichen Kulturguts (CEC).
- Go to the website of the CEC and fill out your application for funding electronically.
- Print out the application and have it signed by a legally authorized signatory.
- Mail the application, including the financing plan, to the Coordination Office for the Preservation of Written Cultural Property (CEC).
- You will receive electronic confirmation by e-mail that your application has been received.
- Send the application with all the required documents by post to the Koordinierungsstelle für die Erhaltung des schriftlichen Kulturguts (KEK).
- If necessary, you can submit a separate application for early commencement of the measure. This can be done informally by e-mail to the Koordinierungsstelle für die Erhaltung des schriftlichen Kulturguts (KEK).
- The CEC will inform you by post and at the same time by e-mail whether your project will be funded.
- You may only begin with your project once you have received the funding confirmation.
- When you have completed your project, you must submit all documents to the CEC as proof. Use the form on the CEC website for this purpose.
Seek advice from the CEC before submitting your application. You can also ask your questions regarding the funding of your model project to the CEC.
Responsible for the content
The Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM)
Last update or date of publication