Apply for funding for projects on cultural mediation and the preservation of cultural heritage Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you mediate culture or preserve cultural assets related to Eastern Europe, you can apply for funding under certain conditions.
The Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM) supports projects for cultural mediation and the safeguarding and preservation of German cultural assets.
Cultural mediation projects serve to maintain and pass on historical and regional knowledge. This is achieved through cultural encounters and events at home and abroad.
You can receive funding for the following measures, for example:
- Conferences, seminars and workshops
- Offers for multipliers
- educational and youth work
- cultural events on the topics of music, literature, theatre
- popular science print and online publications
- films, audio and other digital data carriers; online documentaries
The protection and preservation of German cultural property serves to preserve architectural and cultural monuments as well as other objects of cultural value. These must have a connection to the culture and history of the Germans in the respective regions.
Funding is available in particular for the following measures:
- preservation of the substance of immovable cultural assets of cultural and historical significance on site, for example through restoration,
- digital reconstructions of important architectural and cultural monuments,
Safeguarding of library and archival holdings on site through
You will not receive funding for:
Measures that go beyond the preservation and safeguarding of the original construction and design, for example
other measures that are not monument conservation, for example
- New construction
- reconstruction instead of restoration.
You can involve foreign cooperation partners in your project. You can also carry out your project abroad. After the project has been completed, you must prove what you spent the grant on. To do this, you must keep all invoices and receipts relating to the project costs. You submit your application to the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM). You have no claim to the granting of funding.
Note on further funding opportunities:
There are further funding opportunities for cultural mediation projects. The cultural departments of the Länder support projects which focus on specific regions in Eastern Europe:
- Pomerania and East Brandenburg
- East Prussia and the Baltic States
- West Prussia, the Posener Land and Central Poland
- Upper Silesia
- Bohemian lands (Bohemia, Moravia, Moravian Silesia)
- Danube region
- Germans from Russia and other states of the former Soviet Union
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Expenditure and financing plan
detailed project description:
- Exhibition concept
- Working methods, expected results with numerical support
- Significance of the measure for the applicant
- Funding objectives
- Time schedule
- Details of the project leader and the person working on the project
Additional (as appropriate):
- Proof of promised third-party funding or proof of efforts to acquire third-party funding
- Draft of a work contract / fixed-term employment contract / fee contract
- Conference programme with time schedule as well as list of speakers with indication of topics
- Preliminary calculation for publications and typescript in electronic form / on CD-ROM
- Comparative offers in accordance with the provisions of public procurement law
- Information on the type of scientific cooperation envisaged with institutions in Germany and abroad
- Consent of the responsible authorities for the preservation of historical monuments, the current owners and other financial backers
when applying for the first time:
- Statutes / rules of procedure
- Authorization to represent
- Creditworthiness information from the house bank
- Excerpt from the register of associations (for associations)
- Notice of exemption from the tax office
- Notice of entitlement to input tax deduction (in case of corresponding entitlement)
- Activity reports for the last two years
When you have completed your project, you must submit the following documents:
- Proof of the use of the grant funds
- Final report
Forms necessary: yes
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Application for project funding
Expenditure and financing plan
Precalculation for publications
Bundesinstitut für Kultur und Geschichte der Deutschen im östlichen Europa (BKGE)
Applications can be made by
Legal entities based in Germany, e.g.:
- Foundation under private law
- public limited company
- registered cooperative
- Corporation under public law
- Establishment under public law
- foundation under public law
Your project aims to have a sustainable effect, such as.
- the scientific gain of knowledge,
- the learning effect on the audience,
- the deepened examination of the past, or
- a contribution to reconciliation in Europe.
- Your project makes a particular contribution to achieving the funding objectives.
- You have not yet started the project.
- Your proper management is assured.
- You are able to prove that the funds have been used for the intended purpose.
- You must also finance your project with your own funds and/or third-party funds.
- The overall financing of your project is secured
- If required: The responsible monument preservation authorities, the current owners and other financial backers have approved the project.
§§ Sections 23 and 44 of the Federal Budget Code (BHO)
§ Section 96 Law on the Affairs of Displaced Persons and Refugees (Federal Law on Displaced Persons - BVFG)
Explanations on how to apply for project funding for the preservation, research and communication of German culture and history in Eastern Europe on the website of the German Federal Government
Further information on project funding can be found on the Federal Government's website
Further background information on the website of the Federal Government
Further information on the topic can be found on the website of the Federal Institute for Culture and History of the Germans in Eastern Europe
You must submit the application for funding in writing to the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM).
- Download the application form from the BKM website. Complete the application electronically, print it out and sign it.
You send the signed application and the other required documents by e-mail to Department K 45 of the BKM.
- Please note: Exceptionally, you can also submit your application by post.
- The BKM calls in the Federal Institute for Culture and History of the Germans in Eastern Europe in Oldenburg and, if necessary, other experts for the expert assessment. The BKM will make the funding decision on your application, taking into account the expert opinions.
- The BKM will inform you of its decision. The BKM will then forward your application to the Federal Office of Administration (BVA). The BVA will check your expenditure and financing plan.
- You will then receive notification by mail from the BVA as to whether your application for funding has been approved.
- When you have completed your project, you will have to prove to the BVA that you have spent the grant on your project.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication