Apply for a personal identification number (SSR number) for entries in the Radiation Safety Register (SSR). Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
A personal identification number (SSR number) is required for entries in the Radiation Protection Register (SSR). You must apply for this number at the Federal Office for Radiation Protection.
Persons for whom entries in the Radiation Protection Register of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BfS) are required need a personal identification number. This is the so-called radiation protection register number (SSR number).
Such an SSR number is required in particular by
- occupationally exposed persons
- Holders of radiation passports
For each person for whom you apply for an SSR number, you must provide the following information:
- Social Security Number
- Family name
- First name(s)
- Birth Name
- Academic Degree (optional)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
You do not need to submit any documents.
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
You are in the employing company of the occupationally exposed persons:
- person responsible for radiation protection
- person obligated or responsible according to the Radiation Protection Act or
- an appropriately authorized person, e.g. radiation protection officer or radiation protection officer
There are no clues or specifics.
§ 170 Strahlenschutzgesetz (StrlSchG)
Informationen zum Strahlenschutzregister auf der Internetseite des BfS
Informationen für Antragstellerinnen und -steller von SSR-Nummern auf der Internetseite des BfS
Kurzanleitung für die Beantragung von SSR-Nummern auf der Inter-netseite des BfS
Häufig gestellte Fragen (FAQ) auf der Internetseite des BfS
You can only apply for SSR numbers electronically:
- Register at the SSR portal of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection.
- After registration, your access data for the BfS portal will be sent to your personal e-mail address.
- Call up the SSR portal and log in with your access data.
Select the "Data Entry" section and enter the information of the persons for whom you want to apply for an SSR number. This is possible by
- type in the data or
- insert the data via CSV or TXT file.
- Click on "Generate".
You will now find the newly created SSR number(s) and the associated data in the "Data Output" area.
- Note: If you uncheck the "Show new records only" box, you will see all the SSR numbers you generated.
- Mark all records you want to download with a check mark. Then click on "Download zip file".
In the zip file you will find
- a list of the selected SSR numbers as a CSV file.
- a certificate for each employee. You must give the certificates to the employees immediately (printed or as a PDF file). The employees must keep their certificates.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV)
Last update or date of publication