Apply for registration as an expert in the energy efficiency expert list Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you want to register as an expert in the energy efficiency expert list, you can submit an application under certain conditions.
The energy efficiency expert list serves to ensure a high level of professional qualification of the experts participating in the building promotion programmes of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). The experts are involved in the process of energy consulting as well as the planning and implementation of energy efficiency measures in buildings within the framework of the funding programmes.
The aim of these funding programmes, which are implemented on behalf of the BMWi by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) or the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA), is to increase energy efficiency and the share of renewable energies in the renovation and new construction of residential and non-residential buildings.
The programmes at KfW include:
- until 30 June 2021: "Energy-efficient construction and refurbishment" programme group
- from July 2021: Federal funding for efficient buildings - residential / non-residential buildings (BEG WG and BEG NWG; loan and grant variants in each case) and individual measures (BEG EM loan variant).
The programmes at BAFA include:
- Energy advice for residential buildings,
- since January 2021: Energy advice for non-residential buildings, installations and systems,
- since January 2021: Federal support for efficient buildings - individual measures (BEG EM; grant variant).
You must register on the dena (Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH) website to create an application as an expert. When doing so, you must select a registration category. Depending on the registration category, you must provide evidence of the relevant qualification.
You submit your application for registration as an expert in the energy efficiency expert list to dena (Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH) in writing by e-mail, fax or post.
In order to submit an application for the KfW funding programmes "Energy-efficient construction and refurbishment - residential buildings", you must, since 1.6.2014, be registered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes.
In order to submit an application for the KfW funding programmes "Energy-efficient construction and refurbishment - non-residential buildings", you must, since 1.11.2020, be registered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes, provided that you are a master craftsman or technician.
In order to be able to submit an application for the federal funding programmes for efficient buildings (BEG WG, BEG NWG, BEG EM), you must be registered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes.
When submitting your application, you must
- as a rule, a degree in accordance with § 88 GEG and an additional qualification (further training, teaching activity, reference),
- if applicable, eligibility to apply to BAFA and
- a liability insurance
The required qualification differs depending on the registration category.
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form necessary: no
Personal appearance: no
The application for registration as an expert in the energy efficiency expert list must be prepared in advance on the website and then submitted in writing by e-mail or by post
Registrierung als Expertin/Expertin
An application for registration in the list of experts may be submitted by:
- natural persons,
- energy consultants and
- experts in energy-efficient construction and renovation.
The following may not submit an application:
- Companies and
Further requirements result from the registration categories and can be found in the rule book, which is available for download on the website of the expert list.
Aktuelle Informationen und Login sowie Registrierung für die Förderprogramme auf der Internetseite der dena
Fragen und Antworten zur Eintragung auf der Internetseite der dena
Regelheft zur Expertenliste mit Informationen zur Eintragung auf der Internetseite der dena
You must create your application for registration on the website of the Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH (dena) and then submit it to dena.
Register for a user account on dena's website.
- Enter all the required data.
- Select a registration category.
- Upload all the required documents online in the user account or send them to dena by e-mail, fax or post.
- If necessary, upload the required documents from reference projects exclusively in the user account.
- Create an application for registration as an expert online in the user account on the dena website.
- Sign the application and send it to dena by e-mail, fax or post.
After checking your documents, dena will decide whether to activate your entry.
- If your entry is approved, you will receive confirmation by e-mail.
- If your application is rejected, you will receive an e-mail from dena telling you to log in to your user account. There you can read which requirements you have not fulfilled.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
Last update or date of publication