Apply for transfer short-time allowance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If your company has to permanently reduce its workforce due to restructuring, you can receive temporary short-time allowance for these employees, which partially compensates for the loss of earnings during this period and supports the search for new employment.

If your company has to permanently reduce jobs, for example if a department has to be closed for economic reasons, you may be entitled to transfer short-time allowance. The employees affected by the permanent loss of work are grouped together in a company organisational unit. You can receive transfer short-time allowance for these employees.

As the employer or transfer company, you apply for, pay, and settle the transfer short-time allowance. This means that you pay the wages and salaries of your employees in advance. Your employees do not have to do anything.

The transfer short-time allowance is settled monthly in arrears with the Federal Employment Agency at the location of the payroll office and paid to you retroactively.

The amount of the transfer short-time allowance depends on the respective income of your employees:

  • 60 percent of the net lost wages for employees without a child in the household
  • 67 percent of the lost net wage for employees with at least one child in the household.

You will receive the transfer short-time allowance

  • at the earliest from the calendar month in which the notification of the loss of work was received by the Employment Agency, and
  • for a maximum of 12 months.

However, you cannot receive transfer short-time allowance at the same time as short-time allowance or seasonal short-time allowance.

Before you can receive transfer short-time allowance, you may have received support for participation in a transfer measure. Transfer short-time allowance and support for transfer measures can be coordinated with each other in a sensible manner. Ask your employment agency for advice on this.

  • For your notice of work stoppage:
    • If applicable, company agreement with the works council on transfer short-time work
    • If applicable, a statement from the works council
    • If applicable, copy of the applicable collective agreement(s)
    • Social plan, reconciliation of interests
    • Sample contract for employees
    • Certification of transfer company
  • For your application for transfer short-time allowance:
    • Settlement list for transfer short-time allowance - Attachment to application for benefits

If necessary, further required documents will be requested by your employment agency.

Forms: yes
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no

Related Links

  • Anzeige über Arbeitsausfall in einer betriebsorganisatorisch eigenständigen Einheit
  • Antrag auf Transferkurzarbeitergeld Leistungsantrag
  • Abrechnungsliste zum Transferkurzarbeitergeld Anlage zum Leistungsantrag
  • Online-Portal der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur Beantragung von Leistungen
Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA)

Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA), Arbeitgeber-Hotline

Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA), Dienststellenfinder


Minimum requirements:

  • In order to receive transfer short-time allowance, you must first complete transfer counseling with the Department of Labor.

Company requirements:

  • Because of changes in your business, you have to reduce jobs.
  • The job losses in your company are permanent and unavoidable.
  • You have notified your employment agency of the job loss (notification of job loss in an organizationally independent unit).
  • The affected employees are looked after in an organizational unit (transfer company).
  • The care of the employees is documented (TransferMappe).
  • You support your employees with suitable placement proposals and qualification measures.

Personal requirements:

  • Your workers are threatened by unemployment and have registered as job seekers.
  • There is still an employment relationship subject to compulsory insurance.
  • Your employees are not excluded from receiving short-time allowance.
  • Your employees have usually already taken part in a measure to determine their integration prospects, for example an application seminar or further qualification.
  • Your workers are actively participating in job placement.

Further requirements:

  • The transfer short-time allowance must not be used to subsequently re-employ the persons concerned in your business, company or group.

Related Links

  • § 111 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)

Related Links

  • Informationen, Merkblätter und Formulare zu Transfermaßnahmen und Transferkurzarbeitergeld
  • Merkblatt der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zum Thema Transferleistungen
  • Hinweise der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zum Antragsverfahren

You can apply for transfer short-time allowance in writing or online. The procedure is multi-stage. First, you contact your employment agency for a transfer consultation. Then you indicate the loss of work, then you submit the application.

  • You take up a transfer consultation with your employment agency.
  • You conclude a social plan reconciliation of interests.
  • You announce to your employees the transfer to a transfer company and the receipt of transfer short-time allowance. Often a works agreement is concluded with the works council. If there is no works council, you must obtain the consent of all employees who will be affected.
  • You report your loss of jobs in writing to your employment agency (form: Notification of loss of work in a company-organizationally independent unit).
  • The Employment Agency checks the notification and decides whether transfer short-time allowance can be granted.
  • You calculate the wage and salary payments and the transfer short-time allowance each month.
  • You pay the transfer short-time allowance to your employees and pay the social insurance contributions.
  • You apply retroactively each month for reimbursement of the transfer short-time allowance at your Employment Agency office (application for transfer short-time allowance and payroll list).
  • The Employment Agency checks the application and the payroll list. Approved transfer short-time allowance is transferred. You receive a written notification of this.
  • Your settled reference periods are finally checked after the end of your receipt of transfer short-time allowance.

If you want to claim transfer short-time allowance online:

  • You submit the notification of loss of work, the application for transfer short-time allowance and, if applicable, other documents via the online portal "eServices" of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • The remaining procedural steps correspond to the written procedure.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication