Apply for transfer short-time allowance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If your company has to permanently reduce its workforce due to restructuring, you can receive temporary transfer short-time allowance for these employees, which partially compensates for the loss of earnings during this time and supports the search for new employment.
If your company has to permanently cut jobs, for example if a department has to be closed for economic reasons, you may be entitled to transfer short-time allowance. The employees affected by the permanent loss of work are grouped together in a company organizational unit. You can receive transfer short-time allowance for these employees.
As the employer or transfer company, you apply for, pay and settle the transfer short-time allowance. This means that you initially pay the wages and salaries of your employees in advance. Your employees do not have to do anything.
The transfer short-time allowance is settled monthly in arrears with the Federal Employment Agency at the payroll office and paid to you retroactively.
The amount of the transfer short-time allowance depends on the respective income of your employees:
- 60 percent of the net lost wages for employees without a child in the household
- 67 percent of the lost net wage for employees with at least one child in the household.
You will receive the transfer short-time allowance
- at the earliest from the calendar month in which the notification of the loss of work was received by the Employment Agency, and
- for a maximum of 12 months.
However, you cannot receive transfer short-time allowance at the same time as short-time allowance or seasonal short-time allowance.
Before you can receive transfer short-time allowance, you may be eligible for support for participation in a transfer measure. It makes sense to coordinate transfer short-time allowance and support for transfer measures. Ask your employment agency for advice on this.
Notification of loss of work, in addition:
- If applicable, works agreement with the works council on transfer short-time work
- If applicable, statement by the works council
- If applicable, copy of applicable collective agreement(s)
- Social plan, reconciliation of interests
- Sample contract for employees
- Certification of transfer company
Application for transfer short-time allowance, in addition:
- Settlement list for transfer short-time allowance - Attachment to application for benefits
If necessary, further required documents will be requested by your employment agency.
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: No
- In order to receive transfer short-time allowance, you must first complete transfer counseling with the Employment Agency.
- Because of changes in your business, you must reduce jobs.
- The job losses in your company are permanent and unavoidable.
- You have reported the job loss to your employment agency (notification of job loss in an organizationally independent unit).
- The affected workers are being looked after in an organizational unit (transfer company).
- The support provided to the employees is documented (TransferMappe).
- You support your employees with suitable placement proposals and qualification measures.
- Your employees are at risk of unemployment and have registered as jobseekers.
- There is still an employment relationship subject to compulsory insurance.
- Your employees are not excluded from receiving short-time allowance.
- Your employees have usually already taken part in a measure to determine their integration prospects, for example an application seminar or further qualification.
- Your workers are actively participating in job placement.
- The transfer short-time allowance must not be used to subsequently re-employ the affected persons in your business, company or group.
§ 111 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
Informationen, Merkblätter und Formulare zu Transfermaßnahmen und Transferkurzarbeitergeld
Merkblatt der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zum Thema Transferleistungen
Hinweise der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zum Antragsverfahren
You can apply for transfer short-time allowance in writing. The procedure is multi-stage. First, you contact your employment agency for a transfer consultation. Then you indicate the loss of work, then you submit the application.
- You take up a transfer consultation with your employment agency.
- You conclude a social plan reconciliation of interests.
- You announce to your employees the transfer to a transfer company and the receipt of transfer short-time allowance. A works agreement is often concluded with the works council for this purpose. If there is no works council, you must obtain the consent of all employees who will be affected.
- You report your loss of jobs in writing to your employment agency (form: Notification of loss of work in a unit that is independent of the company organization).
- The Employment Agency will examine the notification and decide whether transfer short-time allowance can be granted.
- They calculate the wage and salary payments and the transfer short-time allowance on a monthly basis.
- You pay the transfer short-time allowance to your employees and pay the social security contributions.
- You apply retroactively each month for reimbursement of the transfer short-time allowance at your employment agency office (application for transfer short-time allowance and payroll list).
- The Employment Agency will check the application and the settlement list, and approved transfer short-time allowance will be transferred. You will receive a written notification of this.
- Your settled reference periods will be finally checked after the end of the receipt of transfer short-time allowance.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Last update or date of publication