Stopping and parking, parking facilities for the severely disabled
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Under certain conditions, people with a severe disability can apply for a parking permit.
A distinction is made between the orange ID card, which is only valid in the Federal Republic of Germany, and the blue ID card, which is valid throughout the EU. Applying for ID cards is free of charge. The Landesbetrieb Verkehr (LBV) - Department of Exceptional Approval Management (LBV AGM) decides on the issue.
Exception Approval Management (LBV AGM)
Address for visitors: Süderstraße 140-142, 20537 Hamburg
1st floor, customer service room 102
Tel.: 040/428 58 2492 (office hours on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
Fax: 040/4279 28 240
Service times: Mon - Thurs: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m
- an informal application to the LBV Mitte location
- ID card or passport with a current registration certificate
- for the blue ID card , a current photo (not older than three months) measuring 35x45 millimeters, not necessarily biometric
- if necessary, a power of attorney and the identity card or passport of the authorized person if the parking permit is to be applied for by another person
- in the case of a new application (extension after expiry) - if available - the still valid parking facilitation with the associated special permit in the original
- Severely handicapped ID card or a complete copy of the assessment notice from the pension office
If you are applying for a new one after you have lost it, please bring the following with you:
- a written declaration of loss with the note that you should return the old parking permit to the LBV if you find it again
- if necessary, a theft report
The orange parking permit can be applied for if one of the following points is met:
- severely disabled with the Scores G and B and a disability level of at least 80 for lower limb dysfunction alone (and lumbar spine as it affects walking ability)
- Severely disabled with scores G and B and a disability degree of at least 70 for functional disorders of the lower limbs alone (and the lumbar spine, to the extent that this affects the ability to walk) and at the same time a degree of disability of at least 50 for functional disorders of the heart and muscles respiratory organs
- Severely disabled with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis if the degree of disability is at least 60
- Severely disabled with an artificial anus and artificial urinary diversion at the same time if the degree of disability is at least 70
- an exceptional permit can also be granted to those severely disabled people who, according to the medical examiner's determination, are to be equated with the aforementioned group of people.
The blue parking permit can be applied for if one of the following points is met:
- Severely handicapped with the signs exceptional walking disability (aG) or blind (Bl)
- Severe disability with amelia or phocomelia on both sides , under certain conditions also with comparable functional restrictions
- It is allowed to park up to three hours in the restricted parking ban (signs 286, 290.1 StVO)
- Parking meters and ticket machines can be parked without paying the fee and for longer than the permitted parking period
- In traffic-calmed areas (Spielstrasse, sign 325.1 StVO) it is allowed to park outside the marked areas if the through traffic is not impaired
- the permitted parking time may be exceeded where parking is permitted in no-parking zones (sign 290.1 StVO) by additional signs
- the permitted parking time may be exceeded where parking (signs 314, 314.1 and signs 315 StVO) is permitted, but the parking time has been limited by additional signs
- During the loading time, you can park in pedestrian zones (sign 242.1 StVO) in which loading and unloading is permitted
- Applicants can be granted a longer parking time for certain no-stop zones - the arrival time must be based on the setting on a parking disc (§ 13 Paragraph 2 No. 2, Fig. 318).
If you are not sure about the signs, you will find the signs mentioned in the road traffic regulations (StVO). It is also available on the Internet. The signs can be found in Section II (StVO), Signs and Traffic Facilities.
Only the blue parking facility allows the use of parking spaces with a wheelchair symbol.
This is prohibited for owners of the orange-colored parking facility, as is all other road users. The parking permit is always personal and is valid for a maximum of 5 years , but is tied to the period of validity of the severely handicapped card. If the severely disabled pass loses its validity before the parking pass expires, the parking pass will also become invalid on the same date. After the period of validity has expired, a new application must be submitted to the LBV.
LBV online services
Disabled parking spaces and parking facilities for severely disabled people, information
Parking facilities for severely disabled people, leaflet
State Office for Transport (contact details)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available