Stopping and parking, parking facilities for the severely disabled
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Under certain conditions, people with a severe disability have the opportunity to apply for parking facilities.
A distinction is made between the orange-colored ID card, which is only valid in the Federal Republic of Germany, and the blue ID card, which is valid throughout the EU. The application for ID cards is free of charge. The Landesbetrieb Verkehr (LBV) - Exception Approval Management Department (LBV AGM) decides on the issue.
Exception approval management (LBV AGM)
Ausschläger Weg 100, 20537 Hamburg
House D, 1st floor, customer service room 102
Tel .: 040/428 58 2492 (office hours on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
Fax: 040/4279 28 240
Service times: Mon - Thu: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- an informal application to the LBV Mitte location
- the identity card or passport with a current registration certificate
- a current photo (not older than three months) measuring 35x45 millimeters, not necessarily biometric, for the blue ID card
- in the case of the orange-colored ID, the original certificate from the pension office confirming that the health conditions specified under prerequisites have been met
- if necessary, a power of attorney and the identity card or passport of the authorized person , if the parking permit is to be applied for by another person
- in the case of a new application (extension after expiry) - if available - the still valid parking facility with the corresponding original permit
- Severely handicapped ID card or a full copy of the notification of assessment from the pension office
When applying for a new application after a loss , please also bring:
- a written declaration of loss stating that you hand in the old parking permit to the LBV if you find it again
- possibly a theft report
The orange parking permit can be applied for if one of the following points is met:
- severely disabled with the Marks G and B and with a degree of disability of at least 80 for the functional disorders in the lower limbs (and the lumbar spine, insofar as this affects the ability to walk)
- severely disabled with the marks G and B and a degree of disability of at least 70 for functional disorders of the lower limbs (and the lumbar spine, insofar as this affects the ability to walk) and at the same time a degree of disability of at least 50 for functional disorders of the heart and the Respiratory system
- severely disabled with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, if the degree of disability is at least 60
- Severely disabled with an artificial anus and artificial urinary diversion at the same time, if the degree of disability is at least 70
The blue parking permit can be applied for if one of the following points is met:
- severely handicapped with the marks extraordinary walking disability (aG) or blind (Bl)
- Severe disability with amelia or phocomelia on both sides , under certain conditions also with comparable functional restrictions
- It is allowed to park up to three hours in the restricted parking ban (signs 286, 290.1 StVO)
- Parking meters and ticket machines can be parked without paying the fee and for longer than the permitted parking period
- In traffic-calmed areas (Spielstrasse, sign 325.1 StVO) it is allowed to park outside the marked areas if the through traffic is not impaired
- the permitted parking time may be exceeded where parking is permitted in no-parking zones (sign 290.1 StVO) by additional signs
- the permitted parking time may be exceeded where parking (signs 314, 314.1 and signs 315 StVO) is permitted, but the parking time has been limited by additional signs
- During the loading time, you can park in pedestrian zones (sign 242.1 StVO) in which loading and unloading is permitted
- Applicants can be granted a longer parking time for certain no-stop zones - the arrival time must be based on the setting on a parking disc (§ 13 Paragraph 2 No. 2, Fig. 318).
If you are not sure about the signs, you will find the signs mentioned in the road traffic regulations (StVO). It is also available on the Internet. The signs can be found in Section II (StVO), Signs and Traffic Facilities.
Only the blue parking facility allows the use of parking spaces with a wheelchair symbol.
This is prohibited for owners of the orange-colored parking facility, as is all other road users. The parking permit is always personal and is valid for a maximum of 5 years , but is tied to the period of validity of the severely handicapped card. If the severely disabled pass loses its validity before the parking pass expires, the parking pass will also become invalid on the same date. After the period of validity has expired, a new application must be submitted to the LBV.
LBV online services
Disabled parking spaces and parking facilities for severely disabled people, information
Parking facilities for severely disabled people, leaflet
State Office for Transport (contact details)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available