Motor vehicle, vehicle documents (registration certificate part I + II), change
Changes to the owner's name and address or technical changes to the vehicle must be entered in the vehicle documents. The vehicle documents consist of the registration certificate part I (vehicle registration document) and the registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document).
- Identity card or passport with current registration confirmation (if you change your name, the new name must already be entered in the identification document)
- the registration certificate part I (vehicle registration)
- the registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document) - not mandatory in the event of a change of address
- valid HU certificate
- the appointment confirmation
- the name change or marriage certificate
- Proof of the changes (technical report from a technical test center, e.g. TÜV or Dekra) in the original
- In the case of tax-relevant technical changes: an original SEPA mandate filled out by the owner for the collection of the vehicle tax. If the tax is not to be paid by the keeper himself, but by a so-called third party willing to pay, a copy of the ID of the third party willing to pay is required.
- If the vehicle type or vehicle use changes: the electronic insurance confirmation (eVB).
- a legibly completed power of attorney in the original as well as a legible color copy of the vehicle owner's ID.
- Original identification of the authorized representative
Address changes in the registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration), as far as they relate to private vehicles that already have a Hamburg license plate and this is the first change of address, can also be made in the customer centers of the district offices as part of the change of registration.
All other changes must be made in the LBV.
- Visit the website to book an appointment (see link below)
- Under the service group admission private customers, select the service entry of technical changes or name change / change of address , depending on your request.
- Use location selection to display appointments at a specific location.
- Use the date picker to find the next available date regardless of your location.
- Select a free appointment (date and time) in the calendar displayed
- Enter your name and email address to book.
LBV online services
LBV appointment bookings
LBV desired license plate
SEPA direct debit mandate vehicle tax
LBV authorization power of attorney
State Office for Transport (contact details)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available