License plate, taken after moving from outside
The holder can choose whether to keep the license plate when moving or to apply for a new one. If you move from Pinneberg to Hamburg, for example, you can decide for yourself whether you want to keep the Pinneberg license plate or apply for one with the abbreviation HH. The change means that there is no need to apply for new license plates. The owner must nevertheless go to the Landesbetrieb Verkehr (LBV) to change the registration certificate part I and to have the new home address entered in the vehicle register.
- a valid identity card or passport with a current registration certificate
- the registration certificate part I (vehicle registration)
- the registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document)
- the valid test certificate of the last general inspection (HU), if this was due for the first time, and, if applicable, proof of the last safety inspection and emissions test
- the consent of all parents or legal guardians in the case of persons who are not fully legally competent
- Original SEPA direct debit mandate for collecting vehicle tax (if the tax is not to be paid by the owner himself, but by a so-called third party willing to pay, a copy of the ID of the third party willing to pay is required.)
- the appointment confirmation
- proof of company (e.g. excerpt from the commercial register)
- the legibly completed power of attorney in the original with the legible color copy of the identity of the principal. Note: The color copy is to be provided with the note "COPY".
- the authorized representative's ID in the original
You can only take the license plate with you if you have re-registered and the address on your ID is the new Hamburg address.
Appointments are booked via the LBV. Proceed as follows here:
1. Visit the website for booking an appointment (see link below) and select the service description of a vehicle and license plate transfer under the service group registration, private customers
2. Use the location selection to display appointments at a specific location.
3. After selecting the location, use the calendar displayed to select a free appointment (date and time).
4. Now enter your name and your e-mail address for booking.
5. You will receive an email. Please confirm the appointment.
Please bring the appointment confirmation that you will receive with you to the appointment.
LBV appointment bookings
SEPA vehicle tax mandate
LBV authorization power of attorney
LBV license plate transfer information from the Federal Ministry of Transport
State Office for Transport (contact details)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available