Apply for or change license plates and seasonal license plates
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
With a seasonal license plate, the owner can decide how long the vehicle should be registered. The duration is limited from a minimum of two months to a maximum of eleven months.
During the desired time, the vehicle is registered for full months, i.e. always starting on the first of the month and ending on the last day of the month. All regulations apply as for a normal registration. The only difference to the normal license plate is that the vehicle may only be used on public roads within the registration period. Since the period of approval for a seasonal license plate is noted in the license certificate Part I and on the license plate, the license plates must also be replaced and the license certificate changed in the event of a change.
- a valid original identity card or passport with a current confirmation of registration
- the electronic insurance confirmation (eVB code) with details of the insurance period, available from the motor vehicle insurance company
- the registration certificate part I (vehicle registration) or the de-registration certificate
- the registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document)
- the license plates if the vehicle is still registered
- the valid inspection certificate for the main inspection (HU) if the main inspection was already required; You can see this in Part I of the registration certificate
if an authorized representative submits the application on your behalf
- the identification of the authorized representative
- the legible color copy of the vehicle owner's ID
- a SEPA combined mandate in the original for the collection of vehicle tax by direct debit
(If the tax is not to be paid by the keeper himself, but by a so-called third party willing to pay, a copy of the ID of the third party willing to pay is required.)
- the appointment confirmation
Companies also have to submit the following documents:
- Proof of company evidence (e.g. an extract from the commercial register, the business registration or, in the case of registered associations, the extract from the association register)
if an authorized representative submits the application on your behalf:
- Legible color copy of the ID of the company's authorized signatory
The duration of the approval is stamped on the right side of the license plate. It is also entered in Part I of the registration certificate. The stamping of the period on the license plate takes up space. The combination of letters and numbers cannot exceed seven characters (including HH).
Special features of short-term license plates
The issue of a short-term license plate is also possible for vehicles with seasonal license plates (outside the seasonal period).
Appointments are booked via the LBV. Proceed as follows here:
1. Visit the website for booking an appointment (see link below) and select the service re-labeling at your own request under the service group Admission, private customers.
2. Use the location selection to display appointments at a specific location.
3. After selecting the location, use the calendar displayed to select a free appointment (date and time).
4. Now enter your name and your e-mail address for booking.
5. You will receive an email. Please confirm the appointment.
Please bring the appointment confirmation that you will receive with you to the appointment.
LBV appointment bookings
LBV desired license plate
SEPA vehicle tax mandate
LBV, SEPA mandate for vehicle tax
State Office for Transport (contact details)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available