Vehicle registration within Hamburg with change of owner, company
The new owner must be entered in the registration certificates Part I and Part II (vehicle registration document and vehicle registration document).
- Original valid identity card or passport with current confirmation of registration,
- Proof of company (e.g. excerpt from the commercial register, business registration or excerpt from the register of associations for registered associations)
- electronic confirmation of insurance -eVB Code- (available from motor vehicle insurance),
- Registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document),
- Registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration) or de-registration certificate,
- old license plates, if the vehicle is registered and a re-identification is desired,
- Valid test certificate of the last general inspection (HU), if an HU was already required for the first time, as well as proof of the last safety inspection and emissions test, if applicable
- A SEPA combined mandate in the original (form under Services and Links) for the collection of the vehicle tax by direct debit for the payment of the vehicle tax.
(If the tax is not to be paid by the keeper himself, but by a so-called third party willing to pay, a copy of the ID of the third party willing to pay is required.)
- a right of disposal (e.g. purchase contract, certificate of inheritance, gift agreement) if the previous holder has died
- Appointment confirmation
- the legibly completed power of attorney in the original with the legible color copy of the ID card of the authorized signatory. Note: The color copy is to be provided with the note "COPY".
- the ID of the representative in the original
If several vehicles are affected, contact can be made with the counter for commercial customers.
If the keeper and owner of the vehicle are not identical (as is the case with leasing vehicles, for example), the LBV must be informed of whom the vehicle is to be registered for.
Appointment bookingIn the appointment booking (see link below) under the service group Registration, Private Customers, select the service transferring a vehicle or, if an old vehicle is to be deregistered at the same time, transferring a vehicle with deregistration
2. Use the location selection to display appointments at a specific location.
3. After selecting the location, use the calendar displayed to select a free appointment (date and time).
4. Now enter your name and your e-mail address for booking.
5. You will receive an email. Please confirm the appointment.
Please bring the appointment confirmation that you will receive with you to the appointment.
LBV vehicle registration
LBV online services
LBV appointment bookings
LBV desired license plate
SEPA vehicle tax mandate
LBV authorization power of attorney
LBV, SEPA mandate for vehicle tax
State Office for Transport (contact details)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available