Vehicle registration, re-registration of a decommissioned vehicle, company, stolen vehicle
The approval (allocation of an official registration number and issuing of the approval documents) is carried out in Hamburg by the Landesbetrieb Verkehr.
The vehicle was found again after a theft.
- Original valid identity card or passport with current registration certificate,
- Proof of company (e.g. excerpt from the commercial register, business registration or excerpt from the register of associations for registered associations)
- electronic confirmation of insurance -eVB number- (available from motor vehicle insurance),
- Registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document),
- Registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration document) with a note about the decommissioning,
- Valid test certificate of the last general inspection (TÜV), if an inspection was already required for the first time, as well as, if applicable, proof of the safety inspection and emissions test carried out
- a SEPA combined mandate for the collection of motor vehicle tax by direct debit (for further information, see LBV, SEPA mandate for motor vehicle tax under Links)
If the tax is not to be paid by the keeper himself, but by a so-called third party willing to pay, a copy of the ID of the third party willing to pay is required.
- Release confirmation from the police that the vehicle has been removed from the property search.
- Appointment confirmation
- a legibly completed power of attorney in the original with a legible color copy of the identity card of the authorized signatory. Note: The color copy is to be provided with the note "COPY".
- Original ID of the agent
- The place of business or the place of the branch or the trader is Hamburg
- The operating license is evidenced by the registration certificate Part II (vehicle registration document).
- The vehicle was previously registered in Hamburg and should now be registered again for the same owner (if the owner changes, see vehicle registration).
If several vehicles are affected, contact the counter for commercial customers.
If the keeper and owner of the vehicle are not identical (as is the case with leasing vehicles, for example), the LBV must be informed of whom the vehicle is to be registered for.
Appointment booking1. Visit the website to book an appointment (see link below) and select the service for registration of a de-registered used vehicle under the service group registration, private customers.
2. Use location selection to display appointments at a specific location
3. Use the date picker to find the next available date regardless of your location
4. Select a free appointment (date and time) in the calendar displayed
5. Enter your name and email address for the booking.
You will then receive a confirmation of the appointment. Please bring this with you to the appointment.
LBV vehicle registration
LBV appointment bookings
LBV desired license plate
SEPA vehicle tax mandate
LBV vehicle tax direct debit authorization
LBV authorization power of attorney
LBV, SEPA mandate for vehicle tax
State Office for Transport (contact details)
Motor vehicle, re-registration online
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available