Registration for marriage, with foreign participation

The registration of the marriage takes place at the registry office of the main or secondary residence of a fiancé. The marriage can then take place at any German registry office. For this purpose, an authorization for the marriage registry office is issued by the registry office in which the registration for the marriage took place.

Please inquire at your desired registry office whether a marriage is possible on the desired date.

The documents required to register the marriage depend on the personal circumstances of the respective bride and groom.

Please ask your local registry office personally - not by telephone - as the required documents depend on the individual case.


One of the fiancés must be registered in the district.

Related Links

  • Information and advice for binational couples and for getting married abroad
  • Registration for marriage, German participants
  • Places of marriage in Hamburg
  • Registration certificates
  • Certificates of unmarried status
  • Weddings on Saturdays
  • Naturalization of Hamburg
  • Getting married, throwing rice
  • Residence certificates, also for submission to an authority
  • Conversion of a civil partnership into a marriage
  • Association of binational families and partnerships
  • Ordinance to contain the spread of the coronavirus in the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available