ID card, apply for before identification is required (up to 16 years of age)
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
As an alternative to a child's passport or passport, children up to the age of 16 can receive an identity card.
The new identity card can be used as electronic proof of identity. This function is automatically switched off for children and adolescents up to the age of 16. Later activation (from 16 years) possible. Before applying, the customer center will give you a brief consultation on how to use the online ID function. You can obtain detailed information on online use and other functions by calling 0180-1-33 33 33 (3.9 ct per minute from a landline) or on the Internet at www.personalausweisportal.de.
- 1 biometrically readable passport photo from the latest time (35x45 mm without border, background light and monochrome. Sample - see link Federal Ministry of the Interior).
- Birth certificate and, if available, old identity card, child's passport or passport.
Up to 16 years: ALWAYS original ID cards for ALL custodians. If a legal guardian is not present, a written declaration of consent from the legal guardian who is not present when the application is submitted. Proof of sole custody.
After naturalization: naturalization certificate, old passport or identity certificate, birth and / or marriage certificate.
- Personal interview when submitting the application (also applies to minors)
- German citizenship according to Article 116 of the Basic Law
- For minors (before the age of 16 / passport before the age of 18), the application must also be made personally by the legal representative. These are usually both parents if they are married to each other. The presence of a custodian, with whom the unmarried minor child usually resides, is compulsory.
- registered in Hamburg with an apartment.
If you are registered in Hamburg with a second residence, the approval of the identification authority at the place of your main residence is required for the issuance of the identification document; this is obtained from the customer center.
The taking of fingerprints is compulsory from the age of 6 years. The signature is compulsory from the age of 10, before that it is voluntary.
In urgent cases, a temporary identity card (valid for a maximum of 3 months) can be applied for and handed over immediately.
Children's passport, first issue
Federal Ministry of the Interior - Frequently asked questions about identity cards (external link)
Query the status of the ID card processing
Identity card portal
ID cards, as electronic proof of identity
ID cards, apply for those who are 16 years of age or older
ID cards, authorization to use a religious or artist name
Apply for an identity card without a domestic residence
ID cards, pick up
Make an appointment online, all customer centers
ID cards, have them blocked (if lost or stolen) or unblocked
ID cards, new applications after loss, theft or name change
ID cards, serial number
Customer centers Hamburg - overview
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available