Apply for admission to the bar as a European lawyer
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Wie wollen als europäische Rechtsanwältin / europäischer Rechtsanwalt arbeiten? Dann können Sie Ihre Zulassung bei der Hanseatischen Rechtsanwaltskammer Hamburg beantragen.
In principle, lawyers have the option of joining the bar association responsible for their location in Germany in accordance with §§ 2ff. to be included in EuRAG. After admission, they are entitled to work as (German) lawyers in Germany under the professional title of their country of origin (Art. 2 Para. 1 EuRAG). The established European lawyers have the same basic rights and duties as German lawyers.
Complete curriculum vitae in German with a current photo
Certificate from the responsible examination office according to § 16a paragraph 5 EuRAG (original)
  • Proof of professional indemnity insurance
If applicable, a certified photocopy of the doctoral certificate or proof of another academic degree
Attachment to the application regarding information on the swearing-in/payment of the administration fee/chamber fee


Please contact the Hamburg Bar Association.


The European lawyer can only use the professional title lawyer if he is admitted.
Designation: § 3 Law on the Activities of European Lawyers in Germany (EuRAG)

Related Links

  • Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg
  • Point of single contact
  • Application for admission to the bar
  • Homepage Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg
You submit an application with all the documents to the Hanseatic Bar Association in Hamburg.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available