District court, certification of documents and deeds of the district court for foreign countries
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Wenn Sie Dokumente und Urkunden des Amtsgerichts und der Hamburger Stadteilgerichte für das Ausland beglaubigen lassen möchten, müssen Sie sich an das Amtsgericht Hamburg wenden.
- If you have documents and deeds from the district court and the Hamburg district courts for
If you want to have it certified abroad, you must contact the district court of Hamburg
  • The District Court of Hamburg is only entitled to provide its own deeds and documents with a pre-authentication (for later legalization) or an apostille, which is subject to a fee.
  • The authenticity of the signature, the capacity in which the signatory acted and, if applicable, the authenticity of the seal or stamp with which the document is provided are certified.
  • Depending on the country of use, the authenticity of this document is confirmed by certification with subsequent legalization or an apostille.
- An apostille is required for countries that have joined the Hague Convention of 05.10.1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents.
  • You can find out which countries these are in detail on the website of the Federal Foreign Office, see link
  • Documents that are intended for other (non-joined) countries are certified. The legalization is then carried out by a consular officer at the diplomatic mission of the country in which the document is required.
  • Legalization is a confirmation of the authenticity of a foreign document by the consular officer of the state in which the document is to be used.
  • The apostille is also a confirmation of the authenticity of a document, which, unlike legalization, is issued by an authority in the state in which the document was issued.
- The document(s) to be certified or apostille
- Original certificate
- Passport or other proof of identity (does not apply to written applications)
- if applicable: written power of attorney for the representative


Your certificate or your document was issued by the Hamburg district court or by a Hamburg district court.


Certificates from the Hamburg notaries receive a legalization or apostille at the Hamburg Regional Court.
- Act on the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 on the Exemption from Legalization of Foreign Public Documents

- Ordinance on the issuance of apostilles in accordance with Article 3 of the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961, Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents

- § 13 Consular Law (KonsG)
https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/konsg/__13.html#:~:text=%C2%A7%2013%20legalisation%20foreign%C3%A4ndish%20%C3%public%20documents%20% 281%29%20Legalize%20%20%20the%20%C3%public%20certificates%20issued%20in%20their%20district%20.

- No. 1310 of the annex to § 4 paragraph 1 law on costs in matters of judicial administration (Justice Administration Costs Act - JVKostG)

Related Links

  • Hamburg District Courts
  • Service / central administration district court
  • Federal Foreign Office - documents, certifications
You can request apostilles / legalizations by submitting an application in writing.
- First you fill out an informal application.
- You submit the application with the original of the corresponding document to the district court of Hamburg and indicate for which country the apostille or pre-authentication is required.
- The District Court of Hamburg examines the application and the required documents and decides whether the certification can be issued.
- If the application is approved, you will incur costs for issuing the certification.
- You will then receive an invoice. The costs for issuing the certification are based on the Costs Ordinance.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available