Passport, 48 pages, express (frequent travelers)
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
- All persons with German citizenship who have their main residence in Hamburg can apply for a passport in Hamburg.
- The express passport replaces the previous temporary passport.
- The consent of all custodians is required up to the age of 18.
- Since November 1, 2007, only biometric passports with fingerprints have been issued. All previous passports remain valid. An extension is not possible. Your expired passports (including temporary ones) will be withdrawn.
- For people over 24 years of age, the passport is valid for 10 years. It is valid for 6 years for people under the age of 24.
- BASIC PRINCIPLES: 1 biometrically readable passport photo from the latest era (35x45 mm without border, background light and monochrome. Sample - see link Federal Ministry of the Interior).
- Of legal age: Federal identity card or old passport.
- Minors: birth certificate, child ID card, child passport, declaration of consent and identity cards or passports of custodians. Proof of sole custody, presence of child and legal guardian.
- German citizenship according to Article 116 of the Basic Law
- Personal interview when submitting the application (also applies to minors).
- The minor and at least one custodian must appear in person. If a legal guardian does not appear in person, his / her written consent with signature and the original identity card / passport are required.
- Registered in Hamburg with an apartment. If you are registered in Hamburg with a second residence, the approval of the identification authority at the place of your main residence is required for the issuance of the identification document; this is obtained from the customer center.
The passport can also be picked up by an authorized person.
Section 6 (1) Passport Act (PassG), Sections 1 and 15 Passport Ordinance (PassV)
Federal Foreign Office - Consular Service (travel information)
Federal Ministry of the Interior - photo sample board (external link)
Federal Ministry of the Interior - Frequently asked questions about identity cards (external link)
Federal Foreign Office - travel and safety information United States (USA)
Query the status of the ID card processing
Passport, explanation of serial numbers
Make an appointment online, all customer centers
Customer centers Hamburg - overview
Federal Ministry of the Interior - Information on the new German passport from 01.03.2017
Personal application required. The application will be forwarded to Bundesdruckerei for further processing.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available