Passport, provisional, machine readable
- All persons with German citizenship who have their main residence in Hamburg can apply for a passport in Hamburg.
- The consent of all custodians is required up to the age of 18.
- Since November 1, 2007, only biometric passports with fingerprints have been issued. All previous passports remain valid. An extension is not possible. Your expired passports (including temporary ones) will be withdrawn.
- The temporary passport is valid for 1 year.
- BASIC PRINCIPLES: 1 biometrically readable passport photo from the latest era (35x45 mm without border, background light and monochrome. Sample - see link Federal Ministry of the Interior).
- Of legal age: Federal identity card or old passport.
- Minors: birth certificate, child ID card, declaration of consent and identity cards or passports of custodians. Proof of sole custody, presence of child and legal guardian.
- German citizenship according to Article 116 of the Basic Law
- Personal interview when submitting the application (also applies to minors).
- The minor and at least one custodian must appear in person. If a legal guardian does not appear in person, his / her written consent with signature and the original identity card / passport are required.
- Registered in Hamburg with an apartment. If you are registered in Hamburg with a second residence, the approval of the identification authority at the place of your main residence is required for the issuance of the identification document; this is obtained from the customer center.
Please contact us by phone in advance. It is only issued in justified individual cases if the express pass can no longer be applied for in time! More information on entry requirements - see link.
A visa-free entry into the USA is not possible with the temporary passport!
Section 1 (2) No. 3 Passport Act (PassG), Section 6 (1) PassG
Federal Foreign Office - Consular Service (travel information)
Federal Ministry of the Interior and Homeland - sample photo board (external link)
Federal Ministry of the Interior - Frequently asked questions about identity cards (external link)
Federal Foreign Office - travel and safety information United States (USA)
Query the status of the ID card processing
Passport, explanation of serial numbers
Make an appointment online, all customer centers
Customer centers Hamburg - overview
Federal Ministry of the Interior - Information on the new German passport from 01.03.2017
Personal application required.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available