Certificate of good conduct, for private law purposes
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Please note that you will only receive this service in writing.
Please contact your customer center for this.

Certificates of good conduct are often used to obtain official permits or to take up work at an authority. If you need a certificate of good conduct, your employer will inform you of this.

Certificates of good conduct can be requested from the registration authorities for both the main and secondary residence.

If the applicant does not live in Germany: Application can be made directly to the Federal Central Register in Bonn (Tel .: +49 228 99410-40) or via the German Embassy abroad. Alternatively, you can now apply for your certificate of good conduct online. This online application service is only offered by the Federal Office of Justice. The district customer centers are therefore unable to provide any information or advice on online applications - either by telephone or in person.
ID card or passport


Resident in Hamburg with main or secondary residence.


The certificate of good conduct is always sent to the registered address of the place of residence where it was applied for. People without a permanent address or homeless can contact the Hamburg-Mitte customer center.
Sections 30 et seq. Of the Federal Central Register Act (BZRG)

Related Links

  • Federal Office of Justice - apply for a certificate of good conduct online
  • Customer centers Hamburg - overview
The application is made personally in the customer center by the customer. The clerk records this and forwards it to the Federal Central Register in Bonn. From there the customer receives the certificate of good conduct.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available