Passport, first or new issue
Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
- All persons with German citizenship who have their main residence in Hamburg can apply for a passport in Hamburg.
- The consent of all custodians is required up to the age of 18.
- Since November 1, 2007, only biometric passports with fingerprints have been issued. All previous passports remain valid. An extension is not possible. Your expired passports (including temporary ones) will be confiscated or given invalidated.
- For people over 24 years of age, the passport is valid for 10 years. It is valid for 6 years for people under the age of 24.
- BASIC PRINCIPLES: 1 biometrically readable passport photo from the latest era (35x45 mm without border, background light and monochrome. Sample - see link Federal Ministry of the Interior).
- Of age: Federal identity card, for new issues: old passport
- Minors: birth certificate, child's passport (if available), declaration of consent and identity cards or passports of custodians, proof of sole custody. Presence of a custodian with whom the unmarried minor child usually resides.
- Procedure: old passport.
- Loss: federal identity card. If not available: birth or marriage certificate.
- Theft: see loss, in addition: The theft of the passport must be reported to the police and the theft report issued there must be presented.
- Change: old passport, proof of change (e.g. certificates).
- After naturalization: naturalization certificate, old passport or identity certificate, birth and / or marriage certificate.
- German citizenship according to Article 116 of the Basic Law
- Personal interview when submitting the application (also applies to minors).
- The minor and at least one custodian must appear in person. If a legal guardian does not appear in person, his / her written consent with signature and the original identity card / passport are required.
- Registered in Hamburg with an apartment. If you are registered in Hamburg with a second residence, the approval of the identification authority at the place of your main residence is required for the issuance of the identification document; this is obtained from the customer center.
- Extension or change not possible! A new passport will ALWAYS be issued.
- The passport can also be picked up by an authorized person.
- The loss of a passport can be reported to any customer center in Hamburg without an appointment.
- People without a permanent address should contact the residents' central office (see passport for non - Hamburg residents).
Section 6 (1) Passport Act (PassG), Sections 1 and 15 Passport Ordinance (PassV)
Federal Foreign Office - Consular Service (travel information)
Federal Ministry of the Interior - photo sample board (external link)
Federal Ministry of the Interior - Frequently asked questions about identity cards (external link)
Federal Foreign Office - travel and safety information United States (USA)
Query the status of the ID card processing
Passport, explanation of serial numbers
Passport for non-hamburger
Make an appointment online, all customer centers
Customer centers Hamburg - overview
Federal Ministry of the Interior - Information on the new German passport from 01.03.2017
Personal application required. The application will be forwarded to Bundesdruckerei for further processing.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication
No information available