Special uses by political parties

The use of public traffic areas (streets, paths or squares) beyond common use requires a special use permit. This includes the use of public pathways for party advertising, the setting up of election posters and the distribution of flyers in the course of election advertising.
Application can be made informally, a verifiable sample of the election poster must be attached


Requirements of Section 19, Paragraph 1, Clause 4 of the Hamburg Road Act must be met:
  • No restriction on the safety of traffic and no disproportionate impairment of the ease of traffic
  • No disproportionate restriction on public use or no exclusion for a disproportionate duration
  • No disproportionate impairment of road components, measures of the road construction load, the surroundings or the environment, urban planning or other public concerns including the generation of income based on the use of the road as well as public or private rights of third parties.

There is no entitlement to a special use permit.


Advertising for political purposes on public channels with posters on advertising media may only be permitted to authorized persons (e.g. political parties, electoral associations). The technical instructions on political advertising on public channels with advertising media regulate further details
Section 19 (1) of the Hamburg Roads Act

Related Links

  • Political advertising - advertising on public channels with advertising media

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available