Admission of a foreign lawyer to the Bar Association
A national of a Member State of the World Trade Organisation who pursues a profession which, in training and powers, corresponds to the profession of lawyer under the Federal Lawyers' Code, is entitled to practise under the professional title of country of origin in the fields of the law of the state of origin and international law in Germany if, on request, he has been admitted to the Bar Association responsible for the place of establishment.
- Application form "Application of a foreign lawyer for admission to the Bar Association" (original)
- Questionnaire on the application form
- Curriculum vitae with photo (original)
- Proof of nationality
- Certificate of the competent authority in the country of origin of membership of the profession of lawyer and certified translation
- Proof of professional insinuity insurance (original) through insurance taken out in Germany
- Certified copy of the doctoral certificate or other evidence of the acquisition of academic degrees
- Residence and work permit
- Transfer of the administration fee
Antragsformular und Fragebogen der Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt
Antragsformulare der Rechtsanwaltskammer Kassel
A separate platform has been developed for online application. On the so-called service platform you can submit your applications electronically and much more! You are welcome to get your own picture of the application in advance without registering in advance. Use the simulation to do this. In order to make full use of the online application process, you must first register with the online application procedure.
- You submit your completed and signed application with all the necessary documents to the competent Bar Association.
- The admission requirements are examined at the office of the Bar Association.
- If all the prerequisites are met, you will be admitted to the Bar Association.
With the admission, you will become a member of the Bar Association at the same time.
Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of Justice
Last update or date of publication