Admission and admission as a European lawyer
nationals of the Member States of the European Union and Switzerland, and the other Contracting States to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, who are entitled to work independently as European lawyers and lawyers. may, on request, work in Germany as a registered lawyer under the professional title of the country of origin. For this purpose, they must be admitted to the Bar Association responsible for the place of establishment. Admission to the Bar Association requires that the applicant is registered as a European lawyer at the competent authority of the country of origin. After admission, the European lawyer is entitled to practise in Germany under the professional title of the country of origin. This includes the advisory and representation of work in German law.
- Application form "Application of a European lawyer for admission to the Bar" (original)
- Questionnaire on the application form
- Curriculum vitae with photo
- Proof of nationality
- Certificate of the competent authority in the country of origin of membership of the profession of lawyer and certified translation (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of professional insinuity insurance (original)
- Certified copy of the doctoral certificate or other evidence of the acquisition of academic degrees
- Transfer of the administration fee
Antragsformular und Fragebogen der Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt
Antragsformulare der Rechtsanwaltskammer Kassel
§§ 2 ff. Gesetz über die Tätigkeit europäischer Rechtsanwälte in Deutschland (EuRAG)
- You submit your completed and signed application with all the necessary documents to the competent Bar Association.
- The admission requirements are examined at the office of the Bar Association.
- If all admission requirements are met, you will be invited to the swearing-in ceremony. During this date, the approval certificate will be handed over to you.
- With the admission and admission as a European lawyer, they will also become members of the Bar Association.
Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of Justice
Last update or date of publication