Admission to the bar in accordance with the Federal Lawyers' Code
Full lawyers wishing to work as lawyers must be admitted to the bar.
With the admission, they will also become members of the Bar Association.
- Completed application form
- Questionnaire on the application form
- complete CV with current photo
- an officially certified photograph or original of the certificate of examination on the acquisition of the certificate of justice
- Preliminary coverage commitment of professional inliability insurance
- certified copy of the doctoral certificate or other evidence of the acquisition of academic degrees
- copy of the employment contract/job description as well as the employer's declaration of indemnity in the original
A separate platform has been developed for online application. On the so-called service platform you can submit your applications electronically and much more! You are welcome to get your own picture of the application in advance without registering in advance. Use the simulation to do this. In order to make full use of the online application process, you must first register with the online application procedure.
Online Antragsverfahren des Einheitlichen Ansprechpartners Hessen
- Ability to hold a judge's office or
- Fulfilling the integration requirements under the Law on the Activity of European Lawyers in Germany or
- Passing the corresponding aptitude test in accordance with the Federal Lawyers' Code (BRAO)
- You submit your completed and signed application together with a questionnaire with all the necessary documents to the Bar Association.
- The admission requirements are examined at the office of the Bar Association.
- If all admission requirements are met, you will be invited to hand over the admission certificate and the swearing-in by the Bar Association.
Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of Justice
Last update or date of publication