Animal enclosure permit

Animal enclosures are permanent facilities in which animals of wild species are kept outside residential and commercial buildings for a period of at least 7 days a year and which are not a zoo (see "Zoo permit").

The establishment, extension, substantial modification and operation of an animal enclosure shall be notified to the upper nature conservation authority at least one month in advance.

Related Links

  • Zoo- Genehmigung


For more information on the permit requirements and requirements, please contact the senior nature conservation authorities of the government presidencies at the following Internet addresses:

  • Tiergehege
  • Zoos und Tiergehege
  • Zoorichtlinie

Section 43 of the Federal Nature Conservation Act

Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of the Environment, Climate Protection, Agriculture and Consumer Protection

Last update or date of publication