Personalausweis Ausstellung für unter 16 Jährige Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

At the request of the parents, an identity card can be issued for children under the age of 16.

the current (child's) identity card or valid (child's) passport or birth certificate, consent (declaration) of the legal guardians, in case of only one legal guardian additionally the proof of custody, a biometric passport photo (according to the photo sample chart).

Related Links

German in the sense of Article 116 (1) of the Basic Law (GG). If, as a young person, you wish to apply for an identity card more than 3 months before your 16th birthday, you must be accompanied by at least one of your legal guardians. In principle, however, the signatures of both your parents are required. It is sufficient if you, as the parent or legal guardian, apply for the ID card and the other parent or legal guardian submits a declaration of consent. If you are the sole legal guardian, you must provide proof of custody or right of residence.

Responsible for the content
For the amendments of 03.02.2021: BMI, DV2

Last update or date of publication