Personalausweis Ausstellung neu wegen sonstiger Namensänderung Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If your name has changed, the identity card is invalid (due to incorrect name information) and you must apply for a new one. Exception: There is a valid passport with the new name.

Proof of change of name (declaratory decision or judgement) valid (children's) passport or birth certificate, for children under 16 years of age, the consent (declaration) of the legal guardian, in case of only one legal guardian additionally the proof of custody, a biometric passport photo (according to the photo sample chart).

Related Links

German(s) within the meaning of Article 116(1) of the Basic Law (GG)

Responsible for the content
For the amendments of 03.02.2021: BMI, DV2

Last update or date of publication