Wohnsitz Anmeldung für Binnenschiffer und Seeleute Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Wenn Sie auf ein Binnenschiff ziehen, das für ein Schiffsregister im Inland eingetragen ist, müssen Sie sich anmelden.

If you move to an inland vessel that is registered for a domestic ship register, you must register.

If you are sailing on a seagoing vessel that is entitled to fly the federal flag, the shipowner must register you. For this purpose, you must provide the shipowner with the necessary information.

The obligation to register does not apply in either case if you are registered for a dwelling in Germany.

Confirmation of the housing provider

Manche Meldebehörden bieten entsprechende Dokumente im Internet an.


The inland vessel must be registered for a domestic ship register.

The seagoing vessel must be entitled to fly the federal flag.


In the case of inland waterway vessels, the rules on general reporting obligations shall apply.

Related Links

  • § 24 Absatz 1 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)
  • § 28 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)

Responsible for the content
BMI, Dr. Laier, RL VII2

Last update or date of publication