Show trade in plant protection products; Proof of expertise Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
A person requires proof of expertise if he or she wants to place plant protection products on the market on a commercial or online basis, even outside commercial activities.
The competent authority shall verify that you meet the requirements for obtaining expertise in plant health. The requirements you have to meet depends on the activity you want to carry out (e.g. supply of plant protection products). If the necessary conditions are met, the applicant shall receive a decision recognising the plant protection expertise. This proof entitles the applicant to the activity indicated in the certificate of expertise.
- Certificate of a recognised professional qualification or
- Certificate of a successfully passed expert examination or
- certificate of a recognised course of study, if necessary additional certificate (from higher education institutions, training establishment) or
- Certificate from another EU Member State on the sustainable use of pesticides
- If necessary, certified translation of the submitted documents
- If necessary, informal cost commitment of the specified bill recipient
- If necessary, certificate of further training in expertise
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: no
The expertise assigns you
- with a certificate of a recognised professional qualification (e.g. farmer, winegrower, gardener, etc.) or
- an examination certificate for a successfully passed expert examination (e.g. in the context of a specialist course) or
- with a certificate of a recognised degree, possibly an additional certificate (from universities, training establishment) or
- with a valid certificate from another EU Member State for the sustainable use of pesticides.
If there are more than three years between the issuance of the certificate and the application, a current proof of further training must also be submitted.
Auflistung der anerkannten Abschlüsse für den Sachkundenachweis
- Plant Protection Ordinance (old) of 28 July 1987 (BGBl. I p. 1752), which was last amended by Article 27 of the Act of 6 December 2011 (BGBl. I p. 2515)
Section 3 Plant Protection Ordinance (PflSchSachkV)
Section 9 Plant Protection Act (PflSchG
Plant Protection Ordinance (PflSchSachkV)
Directive 2009/128/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 October 2009
The Authority shall receive the complete application documents and verify the information and authenticity of the certificates and/or certificates. Once all prerequisites for the subject matter have been proven, the authority shall prepare the certificate of expertise and a fee notice. Upon receipt of payment, the authority shall send the certificate of expertise to the person making the application.
You need the new certificate of expertise (SKN) in card format since 26.11.2015.
The application must be made online. (Please get help in the circle of friends or acquaintances if you can't cope on the Internet). Further information can be viewed via the tile of the competent federal state. Proof of expertise can be applied for with or without registration. After that, the mandatory fields must be filled in with the information on the applicant. After entering the security code, you will be taken to the application page. Enter the application type here. The type of application "submission" includes the sale of plant protection products. Once you have confirmed your knowledge of German and you have been recognised for your data protection declaration, you can upload your copies of your certificates, such as an assistant's letter or a certificate of expertise. Finally, you submit the request via the appropriate button. After submitting your data, a short information will appear on the online portal as to whether your application has been successfully submitted. You will not receive a separate email or further confirmation. It is not necessary to additionally send the application signed by post.
Alternatively, if you cannot upload the certificate yourself, send a copy by post to the relevant department.
Experts (persons who acquired their expertise for the use of plant protection products before 6 July 2013) or new experts whose degree is more than 3 years ago require, in addition to the certificate, proof of participation in a recognised training course in plant protection. If all documents are complete, the application will be processed within 4 to 6 weeks. You will receive a notice and an invoice for 30 euros (for foreign certificates 40 euros). The sending of the certificate of expertise can take up to 2 months from payment. In addition to applying for a certificate of expertise, you must take part in a 4-hour training course during a recurring 3-year period.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Economy, Transport, Agriculture and Viticulture Rhineland-Palatinate
Last update or date of publication