Apply for exemption from the tax consultant's examination
The Chamber of Tax Advisors can exempt you from the tax consultant examination if you have the appropriate qualifications and if you have many years of professional experience. You should be able to demonstrate your professional experience in the field of taxes managed by the federal and state tax authorities.
- Professors who have taught at a German university for at least 10 years in the relevant field,
- former financial judges who have worked in the relevant field for at least 10 years,
- former senior civil servants and comparable employees of the tax administration who have worked in the relevant field for at least 10 years;
- Former senior civil servants and comparable employees of the tax administration who have worked in the relevant field for at least 15 years
- Application form (original)
- Certificate of a German university on the nature and duration of teaching activities in the field of taxes administered by the federal or state tax authorities (original)
- Certificate of the last service authority or of the group's executive committee on the nature and duration of the activity in the field of taxation (original)
A separate platform has been developed for online application. On the so-called service platform you can submit your applications electronically and much more! You are welcome to get your own picture of the application in advance without registering in advance. Use the simulation to do this. In order to make full use of the online application process, you must first register with the online application procedure.
§ 38 Steuerberatungsgesetz (StBerG) Voraussetzungen für die Befreiung von der Prüfung
§ 39 Steuerberatungsgesetz (StBerG) Gebühren für Zulassung, Prüfung, Befreiung und verbindliche Auskunft, Kostenerstattung
- Complete the application form and compile the necessary proofs.
- Submit your application documents to the body listed in the form.
- The Chamber of Tax Advisors shall check whether the information is complete and correct, if necessary, it shall seek further enquiries.
You will be informed in writing whether you are exempt from the examination.
Tip: If you have any questions or need help with the application, please contact the Chamber of Tax Advisors Hessen
Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of Finance
Last update or date of publication