Apply for a certificate of safety in accordance with the 1st Explosives Ordinance (commercial)

Would you like to take part in a specialist course for the handling of explosive substances?

Then you need the safety certificate according to Section 34 of the 1st Explosives Ordinance (1.SprengV).

This certificate of safety is intended for the commercial sector.

  • Where applicable, certificate by a doctor of physical fitness for the intended activity
  • Identity card or passport

Application forms can be found on the websites of the government presidencies Darmstadt, Gießen and Kassel

A separate platform has been developed for online application. On the so-called service platform you can submit your applications electronically and much more! You are welcome to get your own picture of the application in advance without registering in advance. Use the simulation to do this. In order to make full use of the online application process, you must first register with the online application procedure.

Online application procedure of the Single Point of Contact Hessen


  • Completion of the age of 21
  • the necessary reliability under explosives law


The certificate of safety may be refused if the applicant is not German within the meaning of Article 116 of the Basic Law, or has not had his/her domicile or habitual residence continuously within the scope of this Act for at least 3 years (Section 38 of the 1st SprengV). A derogation is granted to foreigners who are nationals of a Member State of the European Community (EC).


The certificate shall be issued in the event of reliability and personal aptitude to take part in courses under the SprengG or to take up an activity as a responsible person.

Please note the entry requirements for the courses.

Related Links

  • § 34 Abs. 2 der 1. Sprengstoffverordnung
  • Verwaltungskostenordnung für den Geschäftsbereich des Ministeriums für Soziales und Integration (VwKostO-HMSI)

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication