Continuing dental training - apply for recognition of a specialist/area designation Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

In addition to their professional title, dentists may also hold other designations which indicate special knowledge and skills in a particular field of expertise. If you want to work as a specialist, you need the recognition to be given the title as a specialist by the responsible National Dental Association. In Hesse, the acquisition and conduct of the training designations is regulated in the continuing training regulations of the State Dental Association of Hesse.

With your application, you must submit the following documents: the certification as a dentist or the permission to practise dentistry (certified transcript), all certificates and evidence issued during continuing trainingAll certificates since the commencement of medical activity (certified copies) The following documents are also required by doctors from abroad: Approval for the management of academic degrees of foreign universities in the Federal Republic of Germany - certified copy Foreign language diplomas and certificates in the original text and in official translation in German - certified copy

Get it from the State Dental Association of Hesse

Related Links

The applicant must be a member of the Hessen State Dental Association The prescribed training must have been successfully completed The designations awarded by another dental association may be continued. If dentists from another Member State of the European Community have obtained a training title, they will be recognised in the field after a review of equivalence.
You must apply for recognition in writing. You can obtain the necessary form from the Hessian State Dental Association.

Responsible for the content
State Dental Association of Hesse

Last update or date of publication