Weapons Transport - Permission Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you wish to transfer firearms or ammunition across borders within the scope of the Arms Act, to other Member States of the European Union or to Switzerland, you need a permit.

Information on the person of the transferee and the transferee Information on weapons Delivery Whether further documents are to be brought must be clarified with the competent authority. Please note that the arms authority can only issue the relevant transfer permit if the competent authority of the recipient state has given prior consent, i.e. an import permit has been issued by the recipient state.

The recipient is entitled to purchase or possess these weapons or ammunition. Safe transport by a person authorised to acquire or possess these weapons or ammunition is guaranteed. If firearms or ammunition are to be brought to Germany from another Member State of the European Union, the authorisation shall be granted as consent to the authorisation of the other Member State for the removal in question. If the destination is another Member State of the European Union, its consent is also required.

This achievement does not concern the personal carriage of weapons, for example as a sports shooter. In certain cases, there are obligations to notify the Federal Criminal Police Office (see Section 34 Of the Armaments). Before moving weapons to another state, it makes sense to inform yourself in advance about the provisions of the weapons law in force there. The respective embassies/consulates are available for this purpose. Irrespective of the provisions of weapons law, the customs regulations must also be observed.

Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of the Interior and Sport

Last update or date of publication