A corpse passport is required to transfer a corpse to another country.
A corpse passport is also required for the transfer of a corpse from Hesse to other federal states if its legislation requires a corpse passport for the transport or burial of the corpse.
- Death certificate or certificate of provision of certification
- Certificate of proper burial by the funeral company
- Certificate from the funeral undertaking that the transport is carried out by a vehicle intended for the transport of corpses.
- where applicable, written authorisation for the commissioned funeral company
in the case of evidence of a non-natural death or in the case of the corpse of an unknown person:
Approval by the Public Prosecutor's Office or the District Court
- medical certificate from the health board stating that there are no objections to the transport of the corpse, provided that the deceased has suffered from a reportable illness under the Infection Protection Act
Hessisches Friedhofs- und Bestattungsgesetz (FBG)
Verwaltungskostenordnung für den Geschäftsbereich des Ministeriums des Innern und für Sport
The corpse passport must be requested by the relative responsible for the burial or by the funeral company responsible for transport.
Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of the Interior and Sport
Last update or date of publication