Permanent residence-EC - Apply for permission
With the permission to stay permanently, foreign nationals are allowed to move more freely within the European Union (EU). It is on an equal footing with the residence permit in many respects and is a permanent residence permit.
- Proof of compliance with the passport and visa requirement
- Proof that you have been living in Germany without interruption for at least 5 years with a residence permit
- Proof of a secure livelihood
- Proof of health insurance cover
- Proof of paid pension contributions or payments to a comparable pension institution
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of German and basic knowledge of german law and social order
- Proof of sufficient housing for yourself and your family
- Proof that there is no grounds for expulsion or other grounds of public security or public order which preclude the issue of the permanent residence permit-EC
an up-to-date photo ("biometric photo") according to the photo sample board of the Bundesdruckerei GmbH
- Your identity has been clarified and you meet the passport and visa requirements.
- They have been living in Germany for at least 5 years without interruption with a residence permit.
- Your livelihood as well as that of your relatives is secured by fixed and regular income.
- You are insured under the statutory health insurance or have an indefinite or automatically renewing health insurance cover.
- You have paid contributions into the statutory pension insurance or to another pension institution with comparable benefits.
- They have sufficient knowledge of German and basic knowledge of german law and social order.
- You have enough living space for yourself and your family.
- There is no reason for expulsion or other grounds of public security or public order which preclude the issue of the EC permanent residence permit.
§§ 9a 9c Aufenthaltsgesetz (AufenthG) (Erlaubnis zum Daueraufenthalt-EG)
§ 51 Aufenthaltsgesetz (AufenthG) (Beendigung der Rechtmäßigkeit des Aufenthalts; Fortgeltung der Beschränkungen)
§ 44a Aufenthaltsverordnung (AufenthV) (Gebühr)
You must apply for a permanent residence EC permit from the competent aliens authority. Depending on the place of residence, the immigration office or the district office.
Since 01.09.2011 you will receive the residence permit in the form of a cheque card with additional electronic functions. For more information, see "Apply for Electronic Residence Permits (eAT")..
Elektronischer Aufenthaltstitel (eAT) beantragen
Responsible for the content
Hessian Ministry of the Interior and Sport
Last update or date of publication