Apply for short-term registration / Bremerhaven Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The registration authorities allocate short-term registration plates in accordance with § 16a para. 1 of the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV). The short-term registration number entitles to the following journeys: Test drives: Driving to determine and prove the serviceability of the vehicle (§ 2 No. 23 FZV). Transfer journeys: journeys to transfer the vehicle to another location (§ 2 No. 25 FZV). Further information on this can be found on the website of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure: http: //

Identity card or passportin case of representation with written power of attorney, additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative if registered to companies, in addition: - business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy) - power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site electronic insurance confirmation (eVB)Registration Certificate Part I (formerly: vehicle registration document, current report for obtaining a type approval or chain of custody document), Original or copy of the original Test report on a valid general inspection, Original, no copy

The applicant's main residence or business premises are in Bremerhaven or the location of the vehicle for which the short-term registration number is to be applied for is in Bremerhaven The vehicle must be stationary and have a valid general inspection Journeys with short-term license plates are only possible without a valid general inspection in the following cases: To carry out a general inspection or to obtain a type approval, to the nearest inspection or assessment centre in the registration district or adjacent district and back. To the nearest workshop in the registration district or in an adjacent district and back for the immediate repair of significant or minor defects found. This does not apply to vehicles which were classified as unsafe for traffic during the inspection.
The application shall be submitted to the local competent licensing authority. A representative (e.g. car dealer) can also be appointed with a written power of attorney.