apply for/extend children's passport / Bremerhaven Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Since 12.12.2005, no children's identity cards have been issued, only children's passports. The children's passports are machine-readable and offer increased protection against forgery. Children's travel passes already issued remain valid until the end of their period of validity. Please note when travelling to the USA: A child passport is not sufficient for entry. Instead, a "normal" passport is required. German citizens must also be in possession of an electronic entry permit for visa-free entry into the USA - in addition to a regular (machine-readable bordeaux red) passport - which can be applied for via the electronic travel authorization system of the United States Department of Homeland Security.

Proof of identity, e.g. old or invalid identity card, valid (child) passport or birth certificate in the case of infants or young children who do not yet have a (child) passport or identity card. 1 current biometric passport photo according to the photo sample board, Recommendation: not older than three months Declaration of consent by the person with custody , as well as their identity cards (also copies) and, if applicable, proof of custody Proof of custody, with a single guardian

1 current photo, regardless of the age of the child. The new photo guidelines apply to the photographs in children's passports, with the exception of the format and facial expression requirements. . The child must be present when the passport is applied for!

Period of validity: 1 year or until the end of the 12th year of life at the latest. Notice: Children 10 years and older must sign. Each person will receive a separate passport and will not be entered in the parents' passport. For further information, please call (0471) 590-3470/3480.
The child must be present to apply for the passport! Children from the age of 10 must sign their child passport themselves! Information about the child's height and eye color must be provided with the application! All legal guardians must agree to the issuance of the children's passport, but in any case the custodial parent with whom the child has his or her habitual residence legally (i.e. with the consent of the other parent or on the basis of a court decision), Children's passports are issued for 1 year. They can be extended (Attention! Expired children's passports cannot be extended!). The period of validity is limited to the end of the child's 12th year at the latest. In addition to the children's passport or passport, it is also possible to apply (alternatively or additionally) for the issue of an identity card for a child who has not yet reached the age of 16 (i.e. also for small children). New issuance, renewal and changes of residence are carried out immediately.