foreign registration number / Bremerhaven Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The registration of a vehicle that was previously registered abroad is more complicated than the registration of a new vehicle or the transfer of ownership, as more documents are required. Note: In order to be able to complete the procedure quickly despite this, it is above all necessary to be able to submit all the necessary documents to the responsible office as completely as possible.

Identity card or passportif registered to companies, in addition: - business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy) - power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site in case of representation with written power of attorney, additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative Proof of the authorisation of the vehicle owner to be registered, for the first registration of vehicles with EC type approval: - the registration certificate part II and - the certificate of conformity (COC document), for first-time registration of vehicles with national type approval: - the registration certificate Part II with registered type and variant / version key number according to § 20 para. 3 sentence 6 StVZO or - data confirmation according to § 20 para. 3.a sentence 1 StVZO for vehicles with EC type approval (EC Certificate of Conformity = COC paper) or with national type approval (ABE = General Operating Licence) or with individual approval or an expert opinion in accordance with § 21 StVZO from an officially recognised motor vehicle traffic expert, forfor which no registration certificate Part II or vehicle registration document has been filled out so far, additionally - the purchase contract or the original invoice as well as - if applicable, the customs receipt/certificate of no objection, provided that no intra-Community acquisition is involved (i.e. in case of import from a non-EU state) foreign registration papers and number plateselectronic insurance confirmation (eVB)if applicable, sales tax return (for EU import), Vehicles that were first registered in another EU member state no more than six months ago and whose previous mileage is less than 6,000 km are considered new vehicles for tax purposes. if the vehicle was imported from countries outside the EU, (applies to both new and used vehicles): additionally - customs clearance certificate (available from the main customs office) - for vehicles with EC type approval: Inspection report on general inspection - for vehicles without EC type approval: Expert opinion of an officially recognized expert according to § 21 StVZO (full expert opinion) Direct debit authorisation for motor vehicle tax (SEPA Direct Debit Mandate)electronic insurance confirmation (eVB) - export, for the export of vehicles (if necessary, also by fax to the registration office for the specific occasion) valid identity card or passportvalid test report on a general inspection, e.g. TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP

no outstanding fees and expenses from previous admission procedures. In case of payment arrears, the registration authority may not register the vehicle until these have been settled. no vehicle tax arrears (including additional tax payments such as interest, late payment surcharges). The vehicle tax accounts are checked by the registration office as part of the processing of the registration application. In the case of tax arrears, the registration office may not register the vehicle until these have been paid. Written direct debit authorization for the collection of the vehicle tax Important: This is a service provided by a local authority. Therefore, you can only visit an office that is located in your place of residence.

Paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Vehicle Registration Ordinance (FZV) regulate which vehicles are subject to the registration requirement. On 1 July 2010, an amendment to the Vehicle Tax Act came into force. The following changes apply to registrations from July 1, 2010: - When a vehicle is registered, a SEPA Direct Debit Mandate is required for the collection of vehicle tax. A SEPA Direct Debit Mandate issued for initial taxation is also valid for subsequent years. Motor vehicle tax exemption or reduction due to severe disability: Severely disabled persons with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled pass continue to be exempt from motor vehicle tax. They do not need to submit a direct debit authorization because of the evidence in their ID. Further information is available from the main customs office in Bremen. Electronic confirmation of insurance (eVB): You can obtain the confirmation of insurance via the motor vehicle liability insurance from the insurance company of your choice. In most cases, you can request the insurance confirmation by telephone from your insurance company. Since 1 March 2008, the insurer has been able to provide you with an insurance confirmation with a 7-digit alphanumeric VB number, which the registration authority uses to retrieve the insurance data electronically from the central database of the German Insurance Association.
An application for approval must be submitted to the approval authority. The application can also be made by a representative (e.g. car dealer) with a written power of attorney. If a desired registration number is desired, a reservation can be made in person, in writing or by telephone, or as an online service via the Internet, even before new registration. The registration authority may request the presentation of the vehicle for identification purposes. The insurance company will be automatically informed by the registration authority about the allocation of the registration number. To avoid longer waiting periods, appointments can be made: -> for Bremerhaven: by telephone under (0471) 590-3470 or 3480 Note: Customers without an appointment will be served in parallel, with priority given to appointment customers. Commercial registration requests will continue to be accepted without appointment. Tip: License plates can be produced during the registration process. For this purpose, private suppliers have settled near the registration authorities. The costs for the signs are not included in the fees. The license plates are stamped by the licensing authority, i.e. they are provided with stickers for the main inspection and the licensing district.